Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Gaining Customer Buy-In

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on how best to gain customer buy in.

With our service, it is simply pay as you go, no upfront, no set volumes, no contracts.

But our customers tend to use us, once they get started on a fairly frequent basis.

What I would like to do is create a document, that outlines the service provided, maybe some basic terms and conditions, standard pricing etc. and have the customer sign this. I am not looking to use it as any sort of legal documentation, more I guess to seek commitment from the customer that after agreeing to use our services, they will actually follow through with it.

So what I want to know is, what is the best thing to call this document, as I want it to be something that is self explanatory, but does not give the customer the impression they are committing to some sort of contract.

I was thinking something along the lines of ‘New Customer Account Form’ – does that sound ok?

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

No offence, but that sounds pretty counter productive to me. It sounds like it’s going to introduce another point of friction to the sign up process, where people can reconsider, and possibly drop out completely. And, if your customers are like me, it’s no friction, I just wouldn’t read it. Have you ever read the conditions on an itunes install?

A different option on a very similar business was used very effectively by Paul Singh with his Mail Finch business. Basically, he directed people into buying monthly subscriptions with a certain amount of post out included. Brilliant interview. The entire transcript is here, but I’d recommend anyone in business to sign up to the site – it’s well worth it.

Hope that helps.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your comments, no offence taken. The problem really is, there is currently NO sign up process.

I do a large portion of my marketing by meeting with customers face to face. A large proportion show a great deal of interest, and say they would be interested in using the service. The idea here is to simply have them put in writing their interest.

I am not keen on the subscription service, for the very reason that it does ‘lock’ people in, and I want my customers to have the flexibility to use us as it suits their needs, not the other way around

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.