• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bushsong
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

Just found this forum while hunting around for some articles on a topic I’m writing about. What a great repository of articles and questions there is on here!

As for me, I am a web developer who specializes in business sites. I write all my clients’ sites in Joomla as I consider it to be the best content management system available for business purposes. I actually know how to code and don’t write sites using visual tools alone.

Before I started writing web sites, way back in 1998, I was a partner in a public accounting firm and specialized in small business advice, sales and marketing and business restructures.

Obviously I have my own small business for my web development work and operate from a small country town near Bendigo in Victoria. This suits me perfectly as I can service my clients, some of which are international, using Skype and the other great technology that the internet provides.

I look forward to contributing where I can on these forums and meeting some great people.

Cheers,

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Welcome Ric,

Love your website – very crisp.

You should enjoy the forums – always interesting discussions.

Kevin

bushsong
    Up

Thanks Kevin.

Nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome.

Cheers,

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Accountant turned web designer… now there’s two extremes! You must be a “creative accountant”. I can’t say I know anyone who has switch from accounting to web design.

Welcome to the forum. Could you enlighted us on how you got into web design after being an accountant?

bushsong
    Up
    CruzAccountant, post: 28908 wrote:
    Accountant turned web designer… now there’s two extremes! You must be a “creative accountant”. I can’t say I know anyone who has switch from accounting to web design.

Welcome to the forum. Could you enlighted us on how you got into web design after being an accountant?

Yes, I suppose it is generally regarded as two opposite poles, but as I said, as an accountant, I was far more involved in sales and marketing combined with business advice. I never enjoyed tax much as it was simply recording history, whereas I enjoyed being involved in creating the future.. :-)

I have been involved with computers though since the early 1980s and have been online since the mid nineties I think. We used to actually transfer files between offices using ICQ in those days as they were too big to email.

Anyway, much happier in this role, where as you say, I can let my creative juices flow more readily.

Nice to meet you and thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ric

Thanks for the kind words about Flying Solo, and thank you for joining us too.

I’ll look forward to hanging out with you here.

All the best,
    Jayne

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Welcome from me too!

CruzAccountant, post: 28908 wrote:
    Accountant turned web designer… now there’s two extremes! You must be a “creative accountant”.

Would too love to hear the story of that too!

Great site and look forward to your posts,

Janna

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.