Home – New Forums New here? Share your story G’day All – My New Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    admin
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I’m new here. I’ll give you a bit of background on my business.

This business concept orignated in the US – having made a trip there a few years back I was forunate enough to nut out a deal with them.

My new business is called Always Green Grass Painting. And yes, as the name says we do paint grass green. Not your typical paint though, its a specially formulated non-toxic dye that is completely safe for kids, pet etc.

Its a new service we are offering to consumers here in Australia who

a) have their house on the market and want to increase street appeal
    b) having a party, wedding or the like
    c) just love to keep their lawn looking prestige and to out do the neighbours :)

It is also popular with businesses who want their premises to look as lush as possible all year round.

New developments such as unit blocks, townhouses etc where new turf is often rolled out only to lose all its green colouring in a matter of days.

The website has just been built http://www.alwaysgreengrass.com.au and we are looking to ramp up the advertising to find more franchisees so we can operate in other parts of the country. (so far just brisbane)

And we are up and running.

I look forward to learning and sharing as much as possible with you guys

Cheers
    Luke

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Luke – that is an excellent enviro friendly idea! Really like the before and after shots on your website.

May I suggest adding strata building managers to your list as they’re always after a spruce up for their buildings or aligning your services with a complementary business and paying them a commission whilst you set off your Sydney base or franchises.

I’ve got a couple of clients in maintenance whom I think may be interested on a commission basis, if thats of any interest.

Good luck with it and hope you update us on your progress,

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

Hi Luke
    What a fun idea! You should try and hook up with some home makeover stylists – a lot of them have connections to real estate agents to restyle homes that are up for sale. They might be interested in doing some sort of franchise deal with you.

Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up

Hi Luke

Is the concept available throughout Australia or only in certain areas.

My parents are selling their home which is on 20 acres and with the recent weather that they have had lately it isn’t as lush looking as it once was.

I have forwarded them your link.

Great concept, all the best with it.

Karen
    http://www.you-can-start-business.com

admin
    Up

Thanks for the replies.

@Karen
    – We have the rights to Australia, at the moment we are only operating in and around brisbane. Not sure where your parents are based. 20 Acres is huuge!

@Ideas Book & @ FletcherTax

Thanks alot. You really got my creative juices flowing. We are now investigating other areas we can market to.

Its a lot of fun, and a huge learning experience. Made even better with communities such as this one!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

What happens when the grass has died off and it’s more dirt than anything?

ickle Kids
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

Hi and welcome,

Interesting idea! We’ve just laid some turf down and yes, part of it has lost its colour due to the sun and the harsh weather we’ve had.

Checked the website out – I know it originated in the U.S but can you put in an Australian voice over, examples of Aussie homes etc? To try and break into the Aussie market – might need a bit more of the “it’s been here awhile and it’s catching on” if you know what I mean. A bit more established etc. Just a thought.

Also would be good to get some alliances with:

* garden centres/nurseries,
    * landscapers,
    * pavers
    * small home builders

Anyway, hope this is good food for thought.

Cheers
    Laine

NeuroWebDesign
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

Wow, I’d never have thought of that one!

I should probably stop using this space to critique people sites… I just hope the creator of your site explained the implications of having a 100% Flash site. (It’s terribly hard for search engines to find).

Also the fact that you have to wait twice for pages to load before I get to load the actual site could be off putting for your visitors.

Good luck with your business venture. Definitely go for real estate agencies.

Brad.

admin
    Up
    NeuroWebDesign, post: 24485 wrote:
    Wow, I’d never have thought of that one!

I should probably stop using this space to critique people sites… I just hope the creator of your site explained the implications of having a 100% Flash site. (It’s terribly hard for search engines to find).

Also the fact that you have to wait twice for pages to load before I get to load the actual site could be off putting for your visitors.

Good luck with your business venture. Definitely go for real estate agencies.

Brad.

Hi Brad.

Yeah we knew the implications of a flash site. Bad SEO, Bad for Mobile Phone Web-users, bad for anyone with a slow speed.

The way we looked at was –

a) its probably not the way we will “get” business so to speak. Its a very local type of business and because of the concept, we have to get out there and actively market locally (offline)

b) Australia is getting a broadband upgrade apparently – so the speed of loading will get better as time goes on.

c)Only a matter of time until mobile phones all support flash sites, flash videos etc.

Our franchisees will more than likely be in the landscaping industry and will have their own sites. Just another service they can add to their own websites.

Do appreciate your feedback though. And definitely pros and cons to a flash site. Overall, we are happy with the result.

admin
    Up
    dan, post: 24327 wrote:
    What happens when the grass has died off and it’s more dirt than anything?

Unforunately spraying dirt looks really bad and we just paint the grass around it. I guess the service is more upmarket for people who look after their lawns and never sort of let it get too patchy.

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hi Luke

Great idea!
    My wife is in real estate – I’ve forwarded her your web address.
    We’re in Forest Lake – you’re in Chermside. You come out this way too?

Cheers
    Brad

admin
    Up
    bradzo, post: 24497 wrote:
    Hi Luke

Great idea!
    My wife is in real estate – I’ve forwarded her your web address.
    We’re in Forest Lake – you’re in Chermside. You come out this way too?

Cheers
    Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for forwarding that on!

Would love to hear your wife’s feedback.

Absolutely we service Forest Lake. We service the whole of Brisbane at the moment.

We have just had a lot of recent rain in Brisbane as you would know, and we are looking to get stuck into the marketing shortly!

Brisbane is still quite green.

Cheers,
    Luke

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

No worries Luke.

We just moved back to Forest Lake from Maryborough QLD and it was very very dry and brown. When we left, Maryborough looked dreadful – trying to sell a home with dead brown grass is almost impossible!

Maybe you could contact some of the lawn mowing etc businesses up that way for a possible sub-contracting role? because there would be a hell of a lot of opportunity!

Just a thought.

Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up

Hi Luke

They are in Tassie. A bit far away from Qld unfortunately.

Good luck with your business. It sounds like a great concept and I wish you well with it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.