Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Gday! Brisbane Web Designer Just Quit His Job To Go Solo – And Is Pumped!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    WebMarketeer
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys!

Just quit my job and am determined to make it in this world ‘flying solo’.

SO PUMPED to get this party rockin!

I wish i could post a video or sumthin of me runnin around like a madman with his hair on fire because like a madman on fire my desire to succeed is also on a…fire….

Anyways im stoked i found this website!
    I’m als pumped and ready to learn from all you awesome experienced soloists and can’t wait to meet you all.

And if i can help you out in any way just let me know and i will do my best!

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

G’day mate,

Welcome to the forums. You have a website we can look at?

Hope you get as much out of Flying solo as I have!

Cheers

Matt

WebMarketeer
    Up

Hi MATT

Thanks for the welcome mate i appreciate it.

No i dont have a website to show off yet just an awesome ‘coming soon’ page that says ‘website coming soon’ lol

I am working on it at the moment however and am hoping to get it up and running by the end of the week.

I will post it in this thread when it’s complete and i’ll pm you if you are super keen to see it.

MatthewKeath
    Up

Sounds great,

Can’t wait to see it :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi WebMarketeer

Wooo-hoooooooo! Congratulations on taking the big step! Like Matt, I will look forward to seeing your site when you post the link.

Meanwhile, it is great to have you on board, and I hope you find lots of helpful info and connections here.

@Matt
    , love the new photo, but will miss the hat, and am sad to think we now have a dreddy-free forum :(

All the best,
    Jayne

WebMarketeer
    Up

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for the welcome and the info i have found on the site so far is very insightful.

I’ve checked out a few other threads and everyone generally seems to be very friendly so i look forward to meeting everyone else as well.

And yes i will definitely post the link when the site is ready!

MatthewKeath
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 31819 wrote:
    @Matt, love the new photo, but will miss the hat, and am sad to think we now have a dreddy-free forum :(

LOL :) Thanks Jane.

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Freedom is a beautiful thing.

WebMarketeer
    Up

Yes definitely!

Waking up without the usual morning stresses of getting ready for work, getting through the traffic, and hoping the boss is having a good day, is certainly something i appreciate not having to do anymore.

One thing i am missing though is the security, would be nice to have that buffer there, but nothing worthwhile comes without sacrifice i guess.

Chromatix
    Participant
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

Congrats WebMarketeer

All the best with everything and good on you for taking the step. As a fellow web design marketeer as such yes I agree the lifestyle can be quite relaxing but the security side can be scary at times, I guess its all about networking and getting your work out there.

Look forward to seeing your website portfolio up and running!

Irwin

Trish FCA
    • Total posts: 235
    Up

Welcome Marketeer.

Yay to you for being pumped. I’ve been running around like that for the last 2 months so I can relate.

Looking forward to seeing your web page.

Cheers,

Trish.

AnaLucia
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi and welcome! Exciting to start a new project isn’t it?
    I wish you all the best! Good Luck! And please let us know as soon as you have your site ready!

Congratulations!

webdesigner
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi WebMarketeer,

Welcome to the exciting world of freelancing. I’m excited to see your site live soon.

Cheers!

Bryan
    Freelance Web Designer
    http://www.bryanregencia.com

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Hi Webmarketeer, I’m from Brisbane too! All the best with your new venture. Does this mean you’ve quit your job just in time to not need the Clem 7 for a commute?

WebMarketeer
    Up

Haha good one wordmistress!

I’m actually on the northside and my last 9-5 was also on the northside so fortunately traffic to and from work wasn’t too bad. But then it was along Gympie road so i got some good runs and some bad.

I drove past the clem7 the other having no idea they actually finished it, i would love to take the trip while it’s still free.

I heard it’s going to take like 45 years to pay the thing off – what the!

Even after 45 years has passed, what are the odds they are still going to charge for it.

Sure i have no reason to get upset now that i operate from home, but stuff like that always gets underneath my skin.

BTW wordmistress, i noticed there was a plan to get a meeting going for the brisbane soloists, don’t suppose you know anything else about that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.