Home – New Forums New here? Share your story G’day from markited

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    markited
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Well I’ve kept finding myself on these forums reading valuable content so I felt it only just that I take the dive and join in the conversation.

My name is Paul and I’ve started up a new IT marketing venture for 2013 – markited.

Who and what?
    markited was born unto this world as the lead up to 2013 provided the perfect storm for me to give starting my own business / being my own boss a red hot go.

Specifically, I spent the last 6 months of 2012 travelling the world (South America, North America and Europe) with my girlfriend having freed ourselves of the usual work / life shackles and possessions. This gave us both a chance to exercise some mental creativity and think about what we enjoy and where we’d like to head next professionally and personally.

Thus, markited is here, whilst I haven’t finished building the website the about page provides a good rundown of the approach and services I’ll be deliver to clients.

Essentially I’m focussing on driving IT marketing processes for businesses working in IT (initially).

Where am I at?
    Working on all facets of the business currently with a focus on leveraging my extensive network of partners, customers and friends to build up a customer base.

Hopefully have my first client onboard by the end of this week! :)

Looking forward to many discussions on Flying Solo!

Cheers,
    Paul

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum

While I love having my own businesses and assets etc, I sometimes do reminisce about when I could put everything I owned in a box, shove it under someones house and take off around the world for a while.

I could try that now, but the kids might not appreciate living in a box.

Good luck with your business ventures and make the most of the ample knowledge on here.

Darryl

RankLogix
    • Total posts: 48
    Up

Welcome to FS Paul.

Looking forward to seeing your contributions. :)

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi Paul

Nice to meet you!

Are you still travelling the world while working? How exciting.. I think you’ll find we’re all a little jealous :D

Enjoy your time on FS.

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello Paul,

Welcome aboard!
    All the best in the new venture!

markited
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Alas, the travel boots will be hung up for a bit whilst I build up a customer base and work on this new venture.

That said, we are purchasing a whopping great map of the world to hang on the wall which will have various coloured pins put in where we’ve been and where we want to go as motivation and a reminder of what we want in life.

Cheers,
    Paul

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Welcome to the forums, Paul. I hope you enjoy your time on here. All the best with your venture. I hope it proves to be a successful one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.