• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am about to discharge from the Army after 32 years and join you flying solo in the business world. Although I have limited experience in the business arena I trust that I will be able to offer something to the forum in relation to lessons learned in leadership, planning and discipline. At present I am conducting my research in preparation for the big venture. I look forward to learning from, and potentially adding to, the collective wisdom of this team.

cheers

Jolls

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

Welcome Jolls to the “Collective”,

There is definitely a Wealth of information in this forum and it is very easy to loose track of time reading and learning from it all.

Good luck with your business venture.

Brent

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Jolls,

Welcome to the forum,
    What are you planning for the venture?

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jolls,

Wow – 32 years is a long stint at anything! Thanks for everything you’ve contributed over that time, and I hope that your transition into the business world is a smooth one.

Please feel free to tell us more about your plans when you’re ready. We’re all ears, and will no doubt have some info and ideas to share with you.

All the best,
    Jayne

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Jolls

Hope your well… and welcome..

Look forward to hearing more about your actual venture,, and wow 32 years! Thats epic..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 151380 wrote:
    Hi Jolls,

Welcome to the forum,

Steve

Divert To Mobile, post: 151380 wrote:

Steve, Jane and Brent,

Thanks for the welcome. I am a sparky by trade, still licensed but I have been off the tools for a while. I really miss the practical aspects of the work. I have significant project management experience inside the military that I would like to put to use while also spending some time back on the tools and more time with my family. In preparation I am completing a Diploma in Building and Construction; I should have my Builder’s licence by the end of the year.

My vision is to establish a construction business with the emphasis on making the client feel like they are part of the construction team as a opposed to a bystander. The working name of the business is CMS Constructions (based on the initials of my three sons) and the working slogan is “Building dreams together”.

I have already commenced, as part of my studies, developing the Standard Operating Procedures and relevant mandatory policies. The key now is to do the research to see if my vision is what the public wants. Not sure how to do that yet but will work on that next.

Thanks again for the welcome. I’m looking forward to the journey and trust I can help someone in a similar position as we explore this new world.

Regards

Jolls

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.