Home – New Forums Tech talk Generating A Free Link From an Australian Business Directory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    profitclicks
    • Total posts: 160
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys

If you are interested in developing links for your website, I recommend you submit your website listings here for free:

AgentLocal.com.au

I have been developing Agent Local for almost a year now and would be interested in your feedback also from an SEO perspective if there was anything you would improve.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Oliver – Creator of Agent Local

Techalite
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Your directory is a bit misleading. There is no mention of having to have a reciprocal link back to your website on the submission page, but once people have submitted their details to you the confirmation email says that a reciprocal link is required…This makes the directory essentially useless for “generating a free link” for SEO purposes (it’s also not going to do you any good from an SEO perspective, by the way). And as the directory isn’t exactly to go-to point for consumers, the only potential benefit to businesses for listing IS getting that link. So really…it’s a no-win situation. Regardless of how you decide to run your directory, the decent thing to do would be to at least tell people that a reciprocal link is required before they give you their details and waste their time :)

profitclicks
    Up

Dear Techalite

Thank you for your honest feedback.

A reciprocal link is not required to attain a link on Agent Local, in fact the majority of companies do not reciprocate however it is always much appreciated. I do take heed of your concerns and will be reviewing all confirmation emails send to website submitters.

It is not entirely true that Agent Local is not a go to point for consumers as the majority of our visitors find our listings via Google organic listings.

Obviously much work needs to be done till it achieves a presence similar to True Local or Hot Frog or other Australian directories. In the coming year I will be developing the product further so that it does indeed become a go to point for consumers.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and your continued support.

Oliver – Editor at Agent Local

Techalite
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Thanks for the reply! I must have misunderstood, I thought the confirmation email said that a reciprocal link is required to get listed. If not, I really have no complaints :) The submission process is nice and straightforward unlike some other directories that force you to fill in a million details and go through a thousand pages to just submit a listing, so I definitely appreciated that part.

Canex Graphic Designs
    • Total posts: 222
    Up

Hey Oliver,

I just finished signing up to Agent Local – nice site :)

With regards to what Techalite has said above, I have sent you a PM with some advice.

Cheers.

Newleaf Exchange
    • Total posts: 95
    Up

Hi Agentlocal, I have signed up as well and was happy with the process until the area where you asked for “you must link to us to complete”. I understand that you have said above that you don’t need to but that is not how I read it.
    That being said, I have always offered FS members free advertising as well so I am happy to find the appropaite article to have a link to you.:)

With the directory listing, can the user perform a sort on the names? I clicked on “n” for Newleaf to see if it was there yet but found it hard to look for anything as it becomes a blob of text once you start scrolling.

The look of the site is good and on the whole easy to navigate. I agree with the others where a few changes and the site will be really good.

Thanks

spacey
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    Techalite, post: 74825 wrote:
    Your directory is a bit misleading. There is no mention of having to have a reciprocal link back to your website on the submission page, but once people have submitted their details to you the confirmation email says that a reciprocal link is required…This makes the directory essentially useless for “generating a free link” for SEO purposes (it’s also not going to do you any good from an SEO perspective, by the way). And as the directory isn’t exactly to go-to point for consumers, the only potential benefit to businesses for listing IS getting that link. So really…it’s a no-win situation. Regardless of how you decide to run your directory, the decent thing to do would be to at least tell people that a reciprocal link is required before they give you their details and waste their time :)

i absolutely hate going through the process only to find out that this required , it i do not see it at the beginning i will not participate because it has wasted my time, a reciprocal link to a specific category is far more desirable , better off finding the sites and requesting link swaps, i doubt google gives much weight to this kind of “swap”

i had better add that i read the first reply post being honest and then added my bit , upon seeing your reply i am happy to know you do not require reciprocals, wishing you well with your directory !

So i guess i will ask what you think google rates these type of links to be worth

profitclicks
    Up
    Canex Graphic Designs, post: 75205 wrote:
    Hey Oliver,

I just finished signing up to Agent Local – nice site :)

With regards to what Techalite has said above, I have sent you a PM with some advice.

Cheers.

Hi Canex Graphic Designs

Thank you for your kind words – I will reply to your private message shortly.

Oliver

profitclicks
    Up
    Newleaf Exchange, post: 75215 wrote:
    Hi Agentlocal, I have signed up as well and was happy with the process until the area where you asked for “you must link to us to complete”. I understand that you have said above that you don’t need to but that is not how I read it.
    That being said, I have always offered FS members free advertising as well so I am happy to find the appropaite article to have a link to you.:)

With the directory listing, can the user perform a sort on the names? I clicked on “n” for Newleaf to see if it was there yet but found it hard to look for anything as it becomes a blob of text once you start scrolling.

The look of the site is good and on the whole easy to navigate. I agree with the others where a few changes and the site will be really good.

Thanks

To the team at Newleaf Exchange

Thank you for your support.

I have accepted your listing into our directory and have sent you an email notifying you of this. Google currently powers the website search engine meaning that you website will appear in search results when Google next spiders the website.

I appreciate everyones comments and feedback and will be discussing these with the business partner and implementing changes shortly.

Oliver

profitclicks
    Up
    spacey, post: 75216 wrote:
    i absolutely hate going through the process only to find out that this required , it i do not see it at the beginning i will not participate because it has wasted my time, a reciprocal link to a specific category is far more desirable , better off finding the sites and requesting link swaps, i doubt google gives much weight to this kind of “swap”

i had better add that i read the first reply post being honest and then added my bit , upon seeing your reply i am happy to know you do not require reciprocals, wishing you well with your directory !

So i guess i will ask what you think google rates these type of links to be worth

Hi Spacey

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

The value of directories such as mine is not only in receiving a link but also in taking advantage of the traffic the website provides. For example if someone types in a search on Google, finds your business listing and goes to your website, the value of the listing goes beyond any swap of link juice.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Oliver

Shoey
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi, I also submitted my site for inclusion and it the email definately says “you are required to post a link to our site on your website” so you might want to look at changing that since that is not the case.

Apparently there are other add ons as well
    “To qualify for your free business listing, you are required to be signed up to our bi-weekly newsletter”

Your either offering a free listing or your not. Including must haves is not free.

profitclicks
    Up
    Shoey, post: 75346 wrote:
    Hi, I also submitted my site for inclusion and it the email definately says “you are required to post a link to our site on your website” so you might want to look at changing that since that is not the case.

Apparently there are other add ons as well
    “To qualify for your free business listing, you are required to be signed up to our bi-weekly newsletter”

Your either offering a free listing or your not. Including must haves is not free.

Hi Shoey

As mentioned in previous posts, both my business partner and myself will be reviewing all correspondence that is sent out to people that list on our directory. I do appreciate your feedback and take your concerns on board.

Feel free to inbox me directly if you have any further concerns.

Oliver

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.