Home – New Forums Find the help you need Get web traffic from Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    ::

If you’re getting good organic google traffic then it probably shows your site’s built fairly well SEO-wise.

My first question would be, is focusing on increasing the ratio of Australian searches the most important goal?

Reason I ask, I get 95% of my work from repeat business & referrals, so I really spend minimal time on worrying about SEO aspects of my site outside the initial code build and content when I built it. It means that when I first launched my latest site, it did well enough from me SEO performance tests that I knew it was a well built site, but then it won’t perform consistently as well as it could as that would take ongoing time for writing and sourcing out backlink opportunities. I instead spend more time on my network since it’s been the best source of work for me. So is that something that could be worth more of your time than worrying so much about SEO?

Second question: In terms of “bang for buck”, will you get better results from improving your SEO, or from paying for Google Adwords?

I have a friend with a small business in Sydney, who’s site does “okay” with organic SEO but due to the ultra-competitiveness of the relevant keywords (both from business searches and from just information searches), but the majority of his non-network/social media business comes from paid Google Adwords, and his “cost of business” for this works out better than if he put in the time or money on SEO.

However, if you have decided this is essential (and only you can decide that for your own business) then you have some good advice given above:
    – check spelling/grammar to make sure it’s Australian English
    – source out Australian backlink opportunities
    – do keyword research to determine what Australian’s are searching for related to your services, and then add/edit content on your site around this research.
    – do some paid advertising via both Google Adwords targetting Aus users. No this won’t have a direct impact on your organic results, but this is a decent article on how it can: https://moz.com/blog/how-google-adwords-ppc-affects-organic-results

I’m sure there will be a bunch of other good advice you’ll get from peeps here too.

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 215
    Up
    bb1, post: 265870, member: 53375 wrote:
    Wow, you develop websites and you don’t know much about SEO, small business don’t waste your money here.

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. He doesn’t advertise SEO services but rather web development, 3D rendering and application services. Your comment would be warranted if he were advertising SEO services.

businesstrade.com.aubuy or sell a business
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    BusinessTrade, post: 266091, member: 113709 wrote:
    I don’t think that’s entirely fair. He doesn’t advertise SEO services but rather web development, 3D rendering and application services. Your comment would be warranted if he were advertising SEO services.

True he doesnt advertise SEO services, but wouldn’t you think that when building a website it should be built with a good understanding of SEO so that it is at least SEO friendly.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    bb1, post: 266092, member: 53375 wrote:
    True he doesnt advertise SEO services, but wouldn’t you think that when building a website it should be built with a good understanding of SEO so that it is at least SEO friendly.
    Only in so far as the code & performance of the site, NOT regarding off site SEO.

I know many GREAT web developers who are building very major sites (some you probably use and love) that have zero or minimal knowledge of off-site SEO, but do know what “best practices” are involved with building a site.

amao
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 265881, member: 78928 wrote:
    To localise your content, you could start by using your location in your H1’s eg, Web Development Sydney (or Australia) etc and do the same in the text.

If you Google “Local SEO Tactics” you should find the basic info you need.

Good luck.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your advice. I am currently building my own website for my building code consulting business from the ground up ( http://www.amoeba-consulting.com ). I am starting to understand the importance of SEO now.

Am I correct in thinking that your suggestion to use H1 header for both the SEO title and the main body of the text on my website pages would drive the traffic to my website? I am using header 4 for the main body of the text on each webpage.

I’ve been told that I can do my own SEO, and even if I hire the professionals to help, the result would only start to show after 4 – 6 months? Is this correct?

Many thanks,

Regards,
    Amoeba Access Consulting

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi amao,

The number 1 ranked site for any Google search gets 30% of the “clicks” (through to a website from a Google search).

Therefore, the aim of SEO is to rank as high as possible so that you get more people to your site and if those people like your offering, will make enquiries or buy from you.

Google looks for signals that websites are relevant to what people are searching for. Using Local SEO tactics provides many of the signals Google looks for, therefore if implemented correctly, your ranking can improve over time. And yes, it can take time.

The length of time depends on an number of factors but one of the big ones is the competitiveness of the keyword. For example, “disablity access” will take longer than “disablity access Sydney” because far less people search in Sydney, than in all of Australia. Equally, all things being equal, “disablity access Green Valley” will take less time to rank for than “disablity access Sydney” for the same reasons.

This guide is worth looking at but is not the only source of relevant info.

https://moz.com/blog/category/local-seo

You could have a look at my site, noting the Headlines on each page.

Note that a page title and a headline are different.

H1 is much stronger than H4.

Cheers

amao
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your last email, and it is very comprehensive.

I have spent my whole weekend reading through the link that you have forwarded to me in relation to the localised SEO. Regarding your website, I don’t seem to be able to locate it, could you forward to me a direct link, many thanks.

I have another burning question that I would like to hear your thoughts on as well.

My past experience as a consultant for a consulting firm who has an international presence, we as consultants were required to travel across the country to work on projects, that is, in all states in Australia. It may sound too ambitious as a soloist, but I would like to continue to utilise my past experience to be able to work in all states and territories. So, how do I SEO for clients in Australia in a general sense?

Many thanks,

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi.

When you target broadly based keywords, you often try to obtain like from authoritative websites to send strong signals to Google.

This is very labour intensive and time consuming work generally.

But is less so in less competitive fields eg, your field will be less competitive than if I wanted to target the word “cleaner” and hope to rank in every state.

You will need to find out how to structure your site for every state and/or city.

Hiring an SEO Expert is what I would recommend because as you add complexity, you also add to the number of things that can go wrong.

If you can’t afford an expert at this time, then networking and speaking at events and conferences in your field will go a long way.

Perhaps consider if you can publish a paper for the industry or write a book or start your own podcast – or do it all.

I do have to ask, in any event, just how many people arrive at hiring a consultant in your field straight off Google without a referral?

This should be one of the elements that inform your decisions.

This is a site worth looking at but unfortunately, is not targeting multi-state or city.

https://markstipic.com.au/

Mark does all of the stuff I talked about above not relating to SEO.

My site is mdcommercialcleaning.com.au

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.