Home – New Forums Tech talk Getting an Ebay template from MS Word to Ebay?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Usa_bargains_Australia
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

Just wondering if any computer whiz’s out there can give me some advice. I do a lot of selling on Ebay and I think having a professional listing template will help improve my image and sales. I have created my ideal template on word, but now I have no idea how to get it into Ebay? I tried saving the word doc as a web page but it changes the way it looks so it doesn’t function properly. Any advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated. My template simply has my logo on it with a section down the side that is in a darker colour where images of my product will go and than sections for my description and title.

Thanks for reading :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there,

I’m not the right person to help with your question, but did want to welcome you to the forums :)

I hope there’s someone around here who can help you with your query. In the meantime, we’d love it if you’d pop over to the New members section of the forum and introduce yourself to us all.

Nice to meet you,
    Jayne

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

You need to copy your html into the html part of your selling template. You can do it either online or download Turbolister and create templates there.

I suggest you then click on the preview option as Word does terrible things to html and it might need a little massaging.

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

Yeah, you need to copy the html across. You can view the html easily by opening word’s HTML file in notepad.

Word has likely used images and embedded them in a funny way. Also, word produces terrible code which will likely never look right in ebay. I would suggest looking around the net for eBay Templates, specifically.

Good luck

Martin – The Web Guy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.