Home – New Forums Tech talk Getting into the 21st Century

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    ::

Now I thought I was living in the 21st century untill a friend of mine asked me to download an app for him.
    Now I am aware what an app is …..its short for an appointment…..isnt it?

No download it to your iPhone or iPad he said. I had to admit I had neither of the creatures. I have several computers PC and Macs and a ten year old mobile phone which rings occassionally. I may ring more often but I never seem to hear it.

My friend has even offered to pay for the iPhone, now isnt that generous of him, but I must download his app (WoolSafe.org).
    So not being one to miss an offer like this I have decided to become part of the 21st century. The phone will probably only have one app.

So what apps would you my friends recommend I have on this iPhone 5.?

easypeas
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

You’ve done 1700 posts on FS… I think you were already in the 21st century ;)

Put on your bank’s apps.. it’ll save you a heap of time.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I hope you know iPhones are addictive.

Just about everything you’ll ever need (all I ever needed anyway) is already preloaded, but there’s lots of cool free apps as well. You’ll need an Apple account (can do it easy off the phone) if you don’t already have one for your Macs, so all downloads are automated.

My better half won’t even turn a computer on, and she’s a 40 word a minute touch typist. Got her an iPhone and it’s a whole new ball game … photos, text, email et al, pressures now on for an iPad ( I have 2 unused laptops sitting in my office.. but I can’t win).

Welcome to the 21st century, you may regret it.

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hi Burgo

You might take a geek at the Resources page on my website.

One thing that I have listed there is the Yxplayer 2 app.

I have yet to find a video or audio file format that this app will not play.

So I download all the business webinars, teleseminars etc that I want to listen to onto my pc and then transfer them straight to my iphone without needing to do any conversion stuff.

Now… if I’m waiting for someone, some meeting to start blah blah I have no wasted time… out comes the iphone and I’m watching or listening to my continuing education materials.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Love it Burgo !!

Now, neither of the apps I’m going to suggest will be in any way helpful for your business, but I love them lol

iTorch Flashlight – handy for those middle of the night toilet trips
    4words1pic – fills in time waiting at the doctor’s surgery

Wendy :)

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

The Flashlight app is very handy, particularly when you don’t have a torch with you.

Burgo
    Participant
    Up
    Couple It, post: 157729 wrote:
    Love it Burgo !!

Now, neither of the apps I’m going to suggest will be in any way helpful for your business, but I love them lol

iTorch Flashlight – handy for those middle of the night toilet trips
    4words1pic – fills in time waiting at the doctor’s surgery

Wendy :)

Hahahahahaha being a youngster dont have that problem and only see my Doctor when he needs a bit extra for his supa

I know I will have to download the WoolSafe app and a few other interesting ones

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Burgo,

Welcome to the world of apps! We recently asked on Facebook what apps most helped micro business owners, and there was a flood of responses. Check them out here.

Best of luck!

Jodie

John Templeton
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

Once you’ve gone iPhone you never go back… lol.

There are literally millions of apps available in the iTunes store, so best stick with just a few to start with. Your bank will have one, so it’s easy to do your banking on the go. There is also a good live traffic app that lets you know in real time what’s happening on the roads. As previously mentioned, most of what you’re going to need initially comes pre-loaded, so have a play and go from there!

3thingsdigital
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Below is the home screen of my phone.

A few notables for business:

1. Dropbox
    2. Analytiks (Google Analytics)
    3. Buffer (social media management)
    4. ScannerPro (scan documents / photos)
    5. Evernote (your second brain)

All the best with your smart phone experiment.

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/woolsaf … 53871?mt=8″
    Thats the one I must get.
    Got my phone , now how to work it
    No instructions came with it, so will wait for my computer wizar son to come home.

Burgo
    Participant
    Up
    Burgo, post: 157904 wrote:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/woolsaf … 53871?mt=8″
    Thats the one I must get.
    Got my phone , now how to work it
    No instructions came with it, so will wait for my computer wizar son to come home.

I’m now connected.
    What a gadget …..Fanbloodytastic …..I amgoing to have fun with this.
    I downloaded the WoolSafe app. the information on there is important have a look see

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.