Home – New Forums Marketing mastery getting on TV talkshows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    ::

Yes I know Aussie Talk shows are not the best and just because you get on TV does not mean that your good at what you do it just means you know how to get on TV

but how does one get on Kerry anne or one of the other morning shows
    promoting something other than cosmetics, fitness or food.

to clarify I would like to get on with regards to my trade show skills- but I am finding it is probably too narrow a field for the general public

or are there any business programs on TV or foxtel (I don’t have foxtel) that would be more appropriate

Dave.Goralski
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Have you tried calling them, it may be simpler than you think

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 97776 wrote:
    Yes I know Aussie Talk shows are not the best and just because you get on TV does not mean that your good at what you do it just means you know how to get on TV

You’d be amazed how much credibility putting “As seen on [Channel 10 Logo]” can give you.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Well Kerry-Ann is a lame duck – she is being ‘moved on’

Many of those spots are paid advertiorials.

I think we have discussed this stuff on other threads – you might like to do a search on ones you have started.

DanielM
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

You will either need to be very talented or cashed up.

The Infotainer
    Up

I’ll have to work on my talent

Before I call, I need to give them a reason to be on TV, like most stories, self promotion is not highly wanted- but if it benefits the reader or viewer then that is a tick in the boxes to get on TV (there are many boxes to tick)

so that’s the problem I am a niche market, I need to look at what I do for my own market and see how this works for the general public

I just answered my own question, I have work to do before I am ready

WiseUp
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi there

Thought I’d drop in a more serious answer for you (poor Kerry Anne!!)

There are two ways to get on
    1. Write A Media Release, with an angle, ring the program ask to talk to the producer or an assistant to the producer, ask to send in your media release and then keep calling every week to check if they have any space for you

2. Pay to be an in “advertorial” space. I have had the pleasure of making (but not starring) in an advertorial on Kerry Anne with Ros. This gives you free reign to write a script and have the host act out your scene

The first is more real and meaningful than the latter
    The second is easier to secure than the first

good luck!

Mary-Anne
    Wise Up Marketing

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

1. Write A Media Release, with an angle, ring the program ask to talk to the producer or an assistant to the producer, ask to send in your media release and then keep calling every week to check if they have any space for you

Yes this was suggested when this was asked in a previous thread. The secret of course is in the angle. From memory we suggested predicting the outcome of the next election etc (or some near-term event). Its got to be entertaining, controversial, or whacky…or all three

Keeta Nova
    • Total posts: 294
    Up

For your service, you need a high quality promotional video with any press release you send.

When writing the press release, don’t hype yourself, write facts.

Let your talent as an entertainer prove why they need you. This is where the promo reel comes in.

Or, you could send yourself as a ‘magician-a-gram’ to an influential person. Show of face-to-face, no need for a vid then.

If they like you, you’ll be hired again.

The Infotainer
    Up
    WiseUp, post: 97920 wrote:
    Mary-Anne
    Wise Up Marketing

Are you Kerry anne in disguise? I like Kerry

Advertorial whilst easier doesn’t really appeal to me, and not good for using the video afterwards, I think a more relaxed me on TV would be better than the advertorials which come across as too salesy for my tastes- I think a Guest has more impact than I paid to be here. some people will see through a paid to be there advertising and it will not have much impact, plus I am not really selling something to a large percentage of the viewers (like skin care, hair care etc)

my promo video sells my act, but it is not professionally produced, I remember going for a TV infomercial host position and sent in my older trade show promo video, which they said was good and that I could sell, but that it wasn’t professionally produced so they said no- which is kinda stupid- you would think they were hiring a video editor not a spokeperson anyway moving on (I thought content was king)

Thanks for your help peoples, something to work towards throughout the year

David@Verve Recruitment
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

Why don’t they have a TV program/series about small businesses for small businesses. It can be a mess of a show, and a mix of subjects, and could be a forum for small businesses to promote themselves to their peers.

Why. WHYYYYYYYYYY

The Infotainer
    Up

i think they do on channel 31, which to be honest doesn’t appeal to me

prime time TV, talk shows morning and night (not that there is any night time ones anymore (never liked rove) you need to be seen talking with a prime time celebrity host and they are saying how good you are- it’s part TV exposure part celebrity endorsement

I have done channel 31 before in fact it was the first time i was on TV, I did my act short interview and zip exposure, but that was many years ago

David@Verve Recruitment
    Up

I’ve no idea about TV production, so this suggestion may be well out of line, but perhaps FlyingSolo could produce it’s own show. Even if it’s a bi-weekly or such. HD Video cam, a presenter or two, you have a ready made list of new topics to discuss. Turn it into a youtube channel, link to it on your newsletters, charge for adverts.

Someone needs to do it.

The Infotainer
    Up

why don”t you do it?

David@Verve Recruitment
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 99561 wrote:
    why don”t you do it?

Because I’ve no idea about TV production. And because I don’t have a discussion forum specifically aimed at small business owners. If I did, I’d be on to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.