Home – New Forums Tech talk Getting ready for POS integration. What do we use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    d3mad
    • Total posts: 73
    Up
    ::

I know we’ve left this part a bit late, but we’re still a couple of weeks out from opening. (I still think two weeks is heaps :P) We’re at the stage of looking for a POS solution.

As a geek, I’m data/security conscious and cloud-phobic but realise most of the better solutions out there are cloud based. Most are (what I consider) expensive and if things really go great then I don’t mind paying that little bit extra. I would prefer to keep it all in-house (no monthly fees) but it needs to cater for deliveries, table service (to a lesser extent), phone and take-away orders mostly.

The best I’ve found so far that seems to tick the boxes (well, most boxes) seems SplitAbility. It *is* cloud based but apparently works in an offline mode. Supports cash drawers, printers, etc. It seems like a good fit. And not overly expensive (at least for a one off POS terminal. Having said that for double the price you get unlimited terminals).

For those who don’t know, we’re setting up an asian take-away restaurant (small restaurant, more take-away and home delivery based), so it needs to cater for deliveries, phone orders, printing, special orders, preferred customers and possibly a loyalty program.

My questions are two fold:

1. Does anyone here have any experience with SplitAbility?

2. Would/could anyone recommend an alternative POS system?

Jake Gardner
    • Total posts: 44
    Up

What is the problem with security that you are worried about?

Kounta and Square are pretty good.

Square is free but kounta has more features and costs money every month.

d3mad
    • Total posts: 73
    Up

G’day Jake

Jake Gardner, post: 238197, member: 60004 wrote:
    What is the problem with security that you are worried about?

It’s no so much security (as in safety) but privacy. I don’t like a lot of the data mining a lot of cloud solutions do (third party access etc)

Kounta and Square are pretty good.

Square is free but kounta has more features and costs money every month

I have checked out Kounta but haven’t seen Square. Thanks, I’ll check that out too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.