Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Getting survey responses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rochelle BFW
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone
    I would love to get some feedback on how to get people to respond to a survey.
    I run a local business providing meditation and counselling and looking to start up a meditation group in a new area.
    I am quite flexible with days and time and want to get a feel for when people are free and interested to attend a meditation group.
    I have put together some questions on survey monkey and I am looking at ways to get the survey out there and people to respond.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Rochelle,

It’s not exactly the same circumstance, but what we’ve noticed around here is that when it comes to organising meet-up groups, if you try to reach a consensus no-one will ever commit.

Once someone puts a stake in the ground and says ‘It’s on at this time and place’ people start coming out of the woodwork to either join in or suggest alternative times etc.

So, personally, instead of doing a survey, I’d start by looking at what you think is likely to be most successful for you (including what suits your own life better).

You’ll also want to take into account the likely needs of your target audience (e.g. if they’re likely to be parents they’ll want classes during school hours, if they’ve got jobs they’ll go for evening sessions).

Just some ideas based on our own experiences to give you some food for thought – I hope they help.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

Hi Rochelle,

I have to agree with Jayne – sometimes we just need to make a decision and run with it (I say this but it is an area I am not very good at myself!). I know where you’re coming from – you want to please as many people as possible so that you can get as many people along as possible. It’s sad but true that you can’t please everyone and by trying to may end up pleasing no one.

Funny thing is though – if you give people a definite time and place and they are genuinely interested (and let’s face it, that’s really who we want to work with) they will find the time to get there.

Good luck!

Cheers
    Daniel

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Through Google docs you can set up a form that runs the survey and places the results in an excel spreadsheet.

The best thing about this is that the people doing the survey can do the survey from the email; not having to click away into another window. This means you should get more responses.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.