Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Giday from Maryborough (Vic)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Totally Awesome
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

Howdie to you all.

I just recently opened up a little Ice cream shop right in the middle of the goldfields. region of central Victoria.

So always on the lookout for exciting new products to compliment the ‘icecreamery’ theme and ideas that I can put into practice.

And if I can help somebody else along the way that’ll please me no end.

Oh yeah, why the monitor “Totally Awesome”? Well the shop is called “Totally Awesome Stuff”. lol

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

How fantastic for you – most people love ice cream and I bet in an area like that you are going to hear some wonderful stories and perhaps some tall tales.

Enjoy Flying Solo

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

OMG why did you have to introduce yourself, i feel like a beautiful dairybell sundae now! 😮

Ok, brb off to the shops…

Jason

ps.. Welcome,, look forward to seeing you around..

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Totally Awesome
    Up

Just don’t dribble icecream onto your wonderful furniture. lol

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Totally Awesome, post: 182906 wrote:
    Just don’t dribble icecream onto your wonderful furniture. lol

LOL.. its ok, came to a happy compromise.. went to dairybell and got a banana thick shake.. and whilst ordering it, reminded myself so much of my dad cos its something he does! LOL

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Totally Awesome
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 182888 wrote:
    How fantastic for you – most people love ice cream and I bet in an area like that you are going to hear some wonderful stories and perhaps some tall tales.

Enjoy Flying Solo

I’m good at tall tales… and I’ve heard some whoppers in my life time too. lol

Hope to gain some new skills… and pass on some old ones.
    (And keep people like you (and the service you provide) in the back of my mind)

Totally Awesome
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 182907 wrote:
    LOL.. its ok, came to a happy compromise.. went to dairybell and got a banana thick shake.. and whilst ordering it, reminded myself so much of my dad cos its something he does! LOL

rofl … so do I.

Good choice with Banana. I do a mean Banana Choc – just with that hint of delicious chocolate.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I love ice-cream too. You know the one thing about ice-cream. When you are finished you are always thirsty…

Why don’t you try an ice-cream and water combo??? Just an idea.

Or make sure you give everyone a serviette with every ice-cream. They will remember you for it.

You could also introduce a ice-cream loyalty card. List all the different flavours and they can cross them off to work towards a free ice-cream.

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ice-cream!

Welcome to flying solo too.

If you ever need a taste tester or anything like that be sure to let me know.

PS I was previously worked at Wendy’s for 6 years as a store manager, so I’m a true fan of ice-cream.

Anytime is ice-cream time…. I’m off to go get some now.

Cheers

Cat :)

Totally Awesome
    Up

Hmm… not a bad idea Tony. Thank you.

Am running a $5.95 Hot Dog and Pepsi Deal as well as a $5.90 Toasted Sanga and Cuppa Deal which both are proving successful.

I considered a special Valentines Day Package – A Double Banana Split Sundae mounted on a bed of Rocky Road chocolate – served woth a rose between my teeth — butt naked.

I’ve been talked out of doing that deal.

Totally Awesome
    Up

Thanks Cat but only the ‘chef’ is allowed to do the tasting….. that me btw. lol

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

hands up for an apprenticeship :p

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Great idea, except the naked part :)

Why don’t you get some heart shaped chocolates and give the out to every customer.

Better still if you have the time or man power, stand in the street and give them out to everyone that walks past as a marketing stunt.

You could also extend this idea and pop into every local office block or surrounding businesses. They Ll eat ice-cream!

LuchiaBloomfield
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

Maannnn, I love icecream.

Totally Awesome
    Up

The handout chocolates is something that we are doing in the near future.

I had one chocolate supplier who convinced me to use him… then found out he was using compound chocolate so have given him the flick.

Going to be making some of our own using Belgium or Swiss chocolate (with Cocoa oil!!!) but won’t get any done in time for Valentine’s Day.

I have made up the odd batch of pancakes, put them into a take-away container, added a scoop of icecream and a drizzle of genuine maple syrup, and dropped them on nearby businesses.

OK result for increased pancake orders… BUT it certainly got them in to buy icecream and Hot Dogs. (Not at the same time I must add. lol)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.