Home – New Forums Wellbeing & balance Giving up!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up
    ::

admittedly, after a while being dirty all day and the manual labour is not much fun,
    the saving grace for me was that I knew in 1-3 months it would all be over and I would not have to be back there again

You missed the point.

It could be renovations, travel, food eating contests, or any number of things. He happened to enjoy doing that sort of thing, having done manual labour all his life.

Retirement will not change who you are and is not a golden ticket. If you were bored, dissatisfied and didn’t engage with life when you were working chances are you won’t when you retire. On the other hand, it is definitely put to good use by some :)

Very apt.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    johnnycashflow, post: 262222, member: 79207 wrote:
    fair enough,
    that wasnt my intention, but trying to establish whether these overnight successes were actual skill or luck or they had

In a nutshell, Bill Gross thinks TIMING is the number 1 factor that helps NEW Catagories of businesses succeed.

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gross_the_single_biggest_reason_why_startups_succeed?language=en

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Interesting, being both semi retired and continuing to be involved in business ideas (and their execution) I’ve been enjoying this thread.

You’re never too old to have a go…I probably would have thought 40 was make or break too in my late thirties, but I played on, using 50 as a target. Got to 50 and realised I wasn’t done yet (nor wealthy)…got to 60 a few years back and the birth of my first grandchild caused some serious reappraisal about life and money and how you define personal success…I made some serious changes, but I didn’t stop getting up in the morning and trying to “seize the day”, albeit at a more leisurely and selective pace.

I can now do nothing if I choose, and I won’t starve, but doing nothing wears thin very quickly (and I suspect, a fast ticket to the cemetery).

My hot tip is to find stuff you have some passion for and get on with it, whether it’s a business or not, is a personal choice…don’t let no brain, multi media hype designed to sell widgets to the dumb masses determine your self worth.

Fredy Namdin
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi,

I myself just turned 40 and have decided to start a new journey in life as a professional life coach after spending 10 years+ in wholesale/retail B2B. I guess it’s never too late.

This quote by CS Lewis always helps to get my mojo back:
    “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” CS Lewis

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

Hi there,

I read your post, and I’m specifically referring to your need to be in court to collect monies owed, here.

There are several debtors management tools and procedures which might be of interest to you. I remember when I first began in business nearly 11 years ago collection of money owed to me was very complex due to the lack of tools available then.

With the creation of tools such as IODM, I’d hate for you to give up when possible help is within reach. I had a supplier whom used IODM to collect a $7,000 invoice for $33 money down.

I cannot promise 100% success, because nobody can. But there’s an opportunity to turn this business around for you.

Let me know if I can help.

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.