Home – New Forums Starting your journey Going to try out IndieGoGo – Need help on perks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    @HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I love the crowdsource funding concept … I am not sure if I was aware it really worked… http://peerbackers.com/projects/help-launch-condor-creative-web-design-studio … I visited your campaign and see that you have no donators yet… :(

I wonder why this is?

Can you tweak your offerings mid fund raising?

Maybe offer a lower option? a $1 or $5 option.

I saw some people got $1000’s of dollars for other projects…

Can you get a SMH journalist interested in what you are doing?

Good Luck

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    @HeatherSmithAU, post: 87062 wrote:
    Hi,

I love the crowdsource funding concept … I am not sure if I was aware it really worked… http://peerbackers.com/projects/help-launch-condor-creative-web-design-studio … I visited your campaign and see that you have no donators yet… :(

I wonder why this is?

Can you tweak your offerings mid fund raising?

Maybe offer a lower option? a $1 or $5 option.

I saw some people got $1000’s of dollars for other projects…

Can you get a SMH journalist interested in what you are doing?

Good Luck

Hi Heather,

I think the thing with that site is you need a good outside support network as the site itself is rather new. I checked most of the other new projects and none of those have any donations yet either….. but then as you can see on the home page there are some projects with a lot of donators. So it’s either the ones on the home page have been promoted really well OUTSIDE of the site itself or they got popular for some other reason such as people like the cause more than others and I’m sure the front page placement hasn’t hurt either.

If I’m not successful on PB I’ll try out IndieGoGo. Unfortunately KickStarter doesn’t allow projects like mine. :(

You can edit the rewards mid-project, however I read their FAQ and it said that donations below $25 are so statistically significant that they aren’t really worth it and that you shouldn’t offer more than about 5 or 6 different rewards.

I’ll check out the SMH idea….. not really sure how to go about that though haha

Thanks for your interest! :)

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Just wanted to say that I now no longer need a Independent Contractor Agreement as the VERY helpful JacquiPryor helped me put one together! :)

Really appreciate you helping me get this large expense out of the way!

One step closer to launching my business :)

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 87616 wrote:
    Just wanted to say that I now no longer need a Independent Contractor Agreement as the VERY helpful JacquiPryor helped me put one together! :)

Really appreciate you helping me get this large expense out of the way!

One step closer to launching my business :)

Absolute pleasure – glad I could help! All the best with rest of it :)

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Crowd funding works best when you have an outside network and can advertise it to that outside network. Social media is awesome for this. I’ve spent a bit of time on Kickstarter and I’m guessing those projects that weren’t funded didn’t do much advertising outside Kickstarter. A project I recently backed was advertised on Twitter and Facebook among others and it was advertised by those people within the project as well as some of the backers. They made excellent use of social media and made certain to get the message through to as many avenues as possible. Their goal was $45,000 and they got $82,000.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    SuzsSpace, post: 87834 wrote:
    Crowd funding works best when you have an outside network and can advertise it to that outside network. Social media is awesome for this. I’ve spent a bit of time on Kickstarter and I’m guessing those projects that weren’t funded didn’t do much advertising outside Kickstarter. A project I recently backed was advertised on Twitter and Facebook among others and it was advertised by those people within the project as well as some of the backers. They made excellent use of social media and made certain to get the message through to as many avenues as possible. Their goal was $45,000 and they got $82,000.

Yeah I agree. Though TBH I don’t know how people get a big following through social media unless they are an artist such as a singer or something. Guess this is why this type of stuff dominates KS.

Other things that seem to do well too are tech gadgets where people have developed a prototype already.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Just moved my campaign over to IndieGoGo…… might not make a difference for the reasons you pointed out above, but we will see I guess haha

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 87915 wrote:
    Yeah I agree. Though TBH I don’t know how people get a big following through social media unless they are an artist such as a singer or something. Guess this is why this type of stuff dominates KS.

Other things that seem to do well too are tech gadgets where people have developed a prototype already.

I recently saw a popcorn company get through, they’re now powering their way onwards with their new backing money. I considered backing them but they’re in the US and I felt it wouldn’t be worth the postage money.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    SuzsSpace, post: 88071 wrote:
    I recently saw a popcorn company get through, they’re now powering their way onwards with their new backing money. I considered backing them but they’re in the US and I felt it wouldn’t be worth the postage money.

Be interesting to know how they achieved this!

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 88132 wrote:
    Be interesting to know how they achieved this!

I never thought to ask them. I might just do that.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up

Here’s the reply, I have the email address if you want it:

Hi Suzie,

Thanks for reaching out. To be honest, it was a total whim. We had pretty low expectations, and didn’t know what to expect! We didn’t even know if folks would like Quinn Popcorn, if they wanted microwave popcorn to be different. We had a hunch that they did, but really didn’t know! We are still really excited about it! :)

I think the key thing is to create a fun and cool video if possible. Coulter is really good at this, and was able to do this for us. It’s expensive, but he should ask around and see if he could get a student to do it, or a friend of a friend etc. Also, passion. I think that’s another key thing. If you are really passionate about something, it will show through.

I hope this helps. He can also email me, and I will try and answer his questions!

We hope we can get it out to you all as well! Maybe one day soon!

Take care, Suzie.

Kristy

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Hi Suzie,

Thanks for the info – I did a little searching and found out the campaign you were talking about. Quinn Popcorn.

I can easily see why they were so successful, their campaign AND video was great and people seem to respond pretty well when they can see the start of something already (such as stuff in the video and their packaging etc was already underway) and I think people love being a part of launching something like this and also getting some of the product in return.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up

No problem. I’m glad you can see the positives there. I do wish you luck.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.