Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Gold Coast Meetup?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up
    ::

Is there anything that goes on in the GC regularly?

Neil Robins
    Participant
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

There are a couple of meetup.com WordPress groups on the GC but I don’t have any knowledge of them apart from the website listings.

MD Clean
    Participant
    • Total posts: 308
    Up

Hi Stuart, I am on the Goldy and would be interested if somebody kicked one off.

safesally
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

mmm…so 2 replies in a year or so… my first visit to meet ups…guess it’s pretty quiet then on the GC : Anyone want to shake that up??
    Can’t only be a couple of people interested surely?

magnesium
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

just newly on this website – bump for more action

reyno717
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi everyone!

In case anyone is still following this thread, I have started a monthly meetup event on the Gold Coast called The Hot Seat Experiment. It is based on the mastermind activity.

We split into groups of 4-6 and each person has a turn in the “Hot Seat” for 15 mins where they bounce questions off the rest of their group. It is an opportunity to get business advice, opinions, brainstorm ideas and develop new connections.

We’ve had 2 meetups so far and at this stage I am running them monthly until the attendances are sufficient to run it with greater frequency (fortnightly or even weekly). While I charge a mere $5 at the door, it’s just to cover costs and a little extra for my time spent promoting it. I started the event to build a network of like-minded people after moving from Brisbane to the Gold Coast in May 2016.

Here is a link to the Meetup group page for more details:
    https://www.meetup.com/Mastermind-Hot-Seat-for-Entrepreneurs-Gold-Coast

jamskin70
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi did anybody ever get a meet up going on the Gold Coast? I would be interested.

Matt523
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    reyno717, post: 243336, member: 90002 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

In case anyone is still following this thread, I have started a monthly meetup event on the Gold Coast called The Hot Seat Experiment. It is based on the mastermind activity.

We split into groups of 4-6 and each person has a turn in the “Hot Seat” for 15 mins where they bounce questions off the rest of their group. It is an opportunity to get business advice, opinions, brainstorm ideas and develop new connections.

We’ve had 2 meetups so far and at this stage I am running them monthly until the attendances are sufficient to run it with greater frequency (fortnightly or even weekly). While I charge a mere $5 at the door, it’s just to cover costs and a little extra for my time spent promoting it. I started the event to build a network of like-minded people after moving from Brisbane to the Gold Coast in May 2016.

Here is a link to the Meetup group page for more details:
    https://www.meetup.com/Mastermind-Hot-Seat-for-Entrepreneurs-Gold-Coast
    HI there just wondering if this still runs thanks Matthew

reyno717
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    Matt523, post: 249770, member: 99499 wrote:
    HI there just wondering if this still runs thanks Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Yes this group still runs monthly but the URL and group name has changed to:
    Gold Coast Mastermind Events
    https://www.meetup.com/Gold-Coast-Mastermind-Events-for-Entrepreneurs/
    The next event is on Monday night 24th July at Lonestar Tavern Sports Bar.

I am also launching a new Paperless & Productive meetup group with a pilot event on this Tuesday night (18th July) where I’ll be demonstrating 8 apps I use to declutter my life and have all my information at my fingertips. Also held at Lonestar Tavern Sports Bar.
    https://www.meetup.com/Paperless-Productive/

I hope you get make it to either of them.

Cheers,

Mark

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.