Home – New Forums Find the help you need Good outsourcing / freelance site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    twohandsluc
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi

I need some advice. I have taken on too much work for the next month or so and was thinking of getting a freelancer to help me. Am looking for recommendations for a site where I can find a freelancer to help with re-writes.

I value this client so I want some one good and I don’t have time to stuff around at the moment. I have looked at a couple of sites like freelanceswich but they don’t seem to be used much for writing.

Also I don’t want to stuff around reviewing heaps of applications when I could just pull a couple of long days.

Cheers Lu

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Lu,

You never know, you might find the right person hanging around this very forum!

But from your post, I’m not sure what kind of writing you’re after? (e.g. copywriting??)

If you’re able to provide some info about the kind of assistance you’re looking for I’m sure someone around here will be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your workload
    Jayne

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

The big ones for writers are:

http://www.guru.com

and

http://www.elance.com

good luck!

twohandsluc
    Up

Thanks Jayne

It is a great job! I will have academic articles that have been written to a question and answer template. They need to be re written into an informative feature style that will hold the readers attention.

I am looking forward to doing it is just there are stacks of them to get through.

cheers Lu

twohandsluc
    Up

Hi I gave looked at Guru

Are there any Australian sites that get used regularly?

Cheers Lu

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Lu,

There’s nothing really Australian specific – we don’t have the market.

But there are a LOT of Aussies on Guru – and you can set it up so that you’ll only accept applications from Aussies … even from people who are in a particular state …

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Lu,

Not really!

If you PM me a bit more info about the subject you’re writing about, the size of the job, the deadline and the rate of pay I may be able to spread the word around to some other freelance writers I know for you.

Cheers,
    Jayne

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

I can ask around too if you like.

And have a look at
    http://www.thefreelancefactory.com.au/

It’s not a bidding site, but a data base of freelancers.

Cheers,
    Astrid

Lindy
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

Hi Lu
    Astrid just sent me your email about needing some freelance help. I have been running my own consultancy since 1989. Have attached some info about me. Have just finished a three year contract and am applying for various jobs but have some free time and maybe I could help you. Have attached some info about me and you can email me direct for further details. Among other things I have a Postgraduate Diploma in editing and publishing from Macquarie University so am adept at rewriting etc. I am located in Mosman NSW.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Cheers
    Lindy

twohandsluc, post: 21519 wrote:
    Hi

I need some advice. I have taken on too much work for the next month or so and was thinking of getting a freelancer to help me. Am looking for recommendations for a site where I can find a freelancer to help with re-writes.

I value this client so I want some one good and I don’t have time to stuff around at the moment. I have looked at a couple of sites like freelanceswich but they don’t seem to be used much for writing.

Also I don’t want to stuff around reviewing heaps of applications when I could just pull a couple of long days.

Cheers Lu

Directorama
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Lu,

Astrid also contacted me – LOL, she is every freelancer’s best friend!

I’m a writer/director with about ten years’ freelancing under my belt. I’ve written for some of the country’s top magazines and websites, done product copywriting, ad campaigns and technical writing across broad media.

My first contribution to a book is on the shelves this month – it’s called Hide & Seek Sydney, if you happen to spot a copy around.

I’m fast, reliable and multi-skilled. I can turn my hand to most styles and genres, have plenty of examples of my work on-hand, and guarantee correct spelling and grammar as part of my service.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do for you over the coming weeks.

Warm regards,
    Denby Weller.

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

LOL, she is every freelancer’s best friend!

*lol* Denby – no, I pick very carefully ;-) … and have a big adress book …

Merry Xmas to all.

48Degree47N
    Up

Originally Posted by twohandsluc View Post
    Hi

Cheers Lu

Hi Lu,

I just saw that you need some freelance help.
    There’s a new platform which mediates Freelancer, its called Freelance-Market:

Freelance-Market.com.au currently offers about 185 service providers in 20 different categories for a low hourly rate.

There are 20 different Freelancer in the category “Writing”.
    Each Freelancer has its “Main Focus”, so it’s easy to find a matching Freelancer.

Freelance-Market is the first price transparent internet marketplace for freelance services of all kinds which was started in April 2004. On http://www.freelance-market.com.au companies or individuals can choose freelancer out of 20 categories quickly and free of charge. The 185 registered freelancer empirically offer their services about 30% below market price.

Cheers,
    Jenny

Roger romon
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hello, I know, I went through that once and since then have begin to outsource my work to a Virtual Assistant company rather than freelancers as well since even with freelancer, there is some element of risk. I noted from my experience that a company is accountable and it can replace a faulty resource with another one immediately and also have backup. I am lucky to have found this company for sure. I also used btw templates from Pro-Resource before I started outsourcing work to this company. They offer downloads at http://www.proresource.com/judysblog/get-more-leverage-when-outsourcing. They offer one free template every week I think. I just downloaded today’s and it coincidentally is on outsourcing. Do let me know if you need any details of the VA company and will be happy to send their contacts

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Thanks Roger,

What sort of tasks do you outsource?

Kev

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.