Home – New Forums Find the help you need Good place to host a logo design contest?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    garysvpa
    • Total posts: 61
    Up
    ::

Does anyone on this forum have any good experiences in hosting a logo
    design contest? If so, which site, or sites, are the best? Also, does anyone have any advice on what to consider when trying to decide on the winning logo design?

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up
    garysvpa, post: 195310 wrote:
    Does anyone on this forum have any good experiences in hosting a logo
    design contest? If so, which site, or sites, are the best? Also, does anyone have any advice on what to consider when trying to decide on the winning logo design?

A customer of ours simply used FB have people comment on 3 logos.

https://www.facebook.com/BrettJacksonProduce/photos/pb.242063716003989.-2207520000.1405845864./248972028646491/?type=1&theater

Ben @ Coolerz
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

You could always try 99designs?

expatpat1
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Design crowd is another good site to use. I’ve used both them and 99 Designs, and both are good. Make sure you read some of the advice on hosting a contest first though, so you get the most bang for your buck.

Another one to check out is stocklogos.com. Not only can you host a design contest, but the y have a bunch of logos already made that you can just buy. If all else fails and you want to do it yourself, go to logomaker.com

Good luck!
    Pat

Luke Jones
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

My business deals with this issue a lot and we get our designs done by solo professional designers. From time to time we use logo contests. Two tips if you’re using 99designs:

1. Set the contest as a blind contest. Reasoning: If all the designers see each others designs then they start to emulate the designs you rate higher so you get less diversity.
    2. Guarantee the project. Reasoning: You’ll be taken seriously and get more value per dollar you spend.
    3. Send messages to at least 100 designers on the site that you like and ask them to enter your contest. This is at least five times more effective than using the invite feature.

Hope this helps :-)

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

99designs is great but the process is far better the more input you have with it. Many people just host contests and expect them to run themselves but the more advice and ratings you give to the designers the better your result will be.

If you jump on 99 Designs, depending on the style of logo you want, I can provide you with a talented designer who may be able to assist you, depends if it’s his style or not.

ckgdesign
    Participant
    • Total posts: 48
    Up

99designs isn’t the way a logo should be created for your business. If you’re seriously about your business, then you’ll get a professional to design the face of your company for you.

99designs has very few professionals who know how to design for a company, properly. None of us like working for free, which is what 99designs is for the majority of ‘designers’. A lot of designers see it as a waste of time, and rightly so.

Webslice
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

I’ve used designcrowd with a guaranteed project, and a handful of designers who I was able to find. I found the result I got from designcrowd was crap for $300 and if I was on a budget I would have spent that same amount of 3-4 designers to get concepts etc!

I did however found 1 designer in Israel who helped me create amazing logos for various brand ideas I had at the time. In the end I went with my current name and the logo he presented was nothing like what I was after so it was bit of a disappointment after getting a few logos done every few months, so went to a few other freelancers and its now what i’ve got. ($800 all up so far, but i’ve got 5 logos for 5 different brands, 4 unused)

One thing i’m finding with my companies logo is the way the gradient is done it doesn’t print well because of the colour used. Next time I think i’d go to a graphic designer who can help create a brand and brand guide lines e.g a logo and typeface for black backgrounds / white backgrounds / coloured backgrounds / flat responsive / favicon etc.

While some say your logo isn’t important, but brand is I agree somewhat. I do however feel that some time should be spent developing your logo so you get a constant look and feel across your marketing.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up
    ckgdesign, post: 195953 wrote:
    99designs isn’t the way a logo should be created for your business. If you’re seriously about your business, then you’ll get a professional to design the face of your company for you.

99designs has very few professionals who know how to design for a company, properly. None of us like working for free, which is what 99designs is for the majority of ‘designers’. A lot of designers see it as a waste of time, and rightly so.

Even if you get nothing solid from it I would imagine it’s still a good way to get the juices flowing. You can always show the logos to a local designer and tell them the parts you like don’t like.

garysvpa
    • Total posts: 61
    Up

Hi Everyone

We have learned a lot and now we’re done already with the contest. Thank you all for your advice!

Mirella Vertigo
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    Webslice, post: 195988 wrote:
    While some say your logo isn’t important, but brand is I agree somewhat. I do however feel that some time should be spent developing your logo so you get a constant look and feel across your marketing.

A logo is the most important element of a brand identity. A brand identity is how brands are visually communicated.

If you meet someone at a party and they are clean, confident, dressed nicely and carry themselves well, your first impression of them will be positive. If they are shabby, look like they got dressed in two minutes, have food stuck in their teeth, have poor body language, and can’t maintain your interest, your first impression of them will be negative.

Your logo is the same. It’s the first impression of your business. Make it count. :)

Mirella

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.