Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Google Adsense Campaigns

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Captain Simmo
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    ::

I have thought about including Google Adsense to my upcoming website (for additional income) but wanted to get any positive or negative feedback before I decided to incorporate it?

What would be the likely income to be generated?

Will visitors be offended by offering this service?

Will I be likely to lose many vistors who will click away from my website or become distracted?

I noticed Flying solo has Adsense and it made me think that i’m not offended by it (though I very rarely get offended or take anything to heart when it comes to business) and we are all in business to make a extra dollar or two!

Is this the best path to go down or is there other services besides Google offering a similar but more profitable service?

Thanks everyone and I look forward to your feedback!

Simmo.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

If this is your BUSINESS site, where you offer a service, then adsense makes NO SENSE, because you are sending people to your competition.

I have a network of adsense sites and you really can’t expect a lot, unless you are getting over 500 hits per day.

Usually nice looking sites, have a very low CTR for adsense, in another words = ugly sites perform better.

Also keep in mind, Google Adsense sites are crawled by the Google Adsense system and in my theory, once you have adsense in your page, Google seems to be more “picky” with the ranking.

So I will avoid it – unless this is not a business site.

If this is a niche site.. then adsense could be a good option, but remember: Google pays more depending on the keyword people arrive to your site.

So If someone is looking for LASIK doctors you may expect to get paid $2 per click…

If someone is looking for “Affordable Pijamas” you may expect to get paid $0.05 per click…

I hope these tips help ;)

Captain Simmo
    Up

Thanks Gab for the tips… it’s really appreciated!

A network of adsense sites… wow, now your making my head think!!!

The site that I am considering using Adsense for isn’t for my main website, but instead an “information” based site to generate leads for and to complement my main website down the track when it generates a few hundred hits a day. I was also going to use it to test and measure different marketing campaigns and offers to see what yields the best return before applying it to my main site. And Yes, just like offline marketing “ugly” and “content rich” advertisement will always out do a “pretty site” that looks colourful and doesn’t sell!

It’s interesting that you mentioned about the theory of Adsense “crawling” system as I had thought about this earlier and also questioned this… could this also be the same for PPC campaigns?

Just from your experience, would it be worth setting up websites that are information based that just hit niche markets targeting high paying keywords… or has this already been done to death?

Simmo.

seocourse
    Up

A network of adsense sites sounds nice.. but it’s more of a nightmare than anything else :( . As a hobbie it’s a cool idea, as a way to pay the Mortgage becomes a pretty stressful job sometimes.

Anyway.. regarding your questions

PPC its adwords and it’s different.

Google doesn’t crawl in a different way sites that invest in PPC… but it does with sites that have adsense. In a kind of way: they have all the right to do so – you are using their system to generate some type of revenue, therefor they can control and monitor the sites that are part of the adsense system.

Now, keep in mind adsense gets more complicate when sites get classified as “low quality sites” and they they cast a magic spell on your account called: Smart Priced. Where mainly you get paid the lowest payment possible per click.

Usually when that happens, people tend to try to find the closest bridge and trow their laptop, PC and hope of becoming rich from Adsense.

Best of luck ;)

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    Captain Simmo, post: 73144 wrote:
    I noticed Flying solo has Adsense and it made me think that i’m not offended by it (though I very rarely get offended or take anything to heart when it comes to business) and we are all in business to make a extra dollar or two!

Interesting because it bugs me (I wouldn’t go so far as to say I find it offensive).

Why?

Because it’s constantly showing ads for big brands.

On a site that’s for Australian-based small business.

Contradicts the purpose of the site IMHO.

Have you thought of running an Amazon (or similar) affiliate on your site?

Captain Simmo
    Up
    seocourse, post: 73151 wrote:
    Now, keep in mind adsense gets more complicate when sites get classified as “low quality sites” and they they cast a magic spell on your account called: Smart Priced. Where mainly you get paid the lowest payment possible per click.

Usually when that happens, people tend to try to find the closest bridge and trow their laptop, PC and hope of becoming rich from Adsense.

Best of luck ;)

lol

So would you reccommend to set the website up, update the site daily and then introduce adsense down the track, or is it fine to include it from day 1 and pray it doesn’t fall victim to a “low quality site”?

What is classed as a low quality site exactly? Is it a combination of content, amount of traffic, website page ranking, page speeds, click through rates etc?

Do you know approximately at what stage they rate or grade the site…from day 1, first week, first month etc?

Looks like Adsense is quite technical…lol

Simmo.

seocourse
    Up

This is a video about smart pricing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1BaOMqcyQY

Keep in mind the Presenter:
    The presenter FACE = the feeling you get when you get smart priced.

Captain Simmo
    Up
    bridiej, post: 73155 wrote:
    Interesting because it bugs me (I wouldn’t go so far as to say I find it offensive).

Why?

Because it’s constantly showing ads for big brands.

On a site that’s for Australian-based small business.

Contradicts the purpose of the site IMHO.

Have you thought of running an Amazon (or similar) affiliate on your site?

Thanks for your feedback Bridie.

I guess you have raised a good point I hadn’t really thought of… Does it attract the right target market!

I’m guessing it is for the same reason why the big businesses are doing banner advertising on here also… unfortunately big business are the only ones going to pay the “asking price” for both these services. I assume small business and big business have the same equal rights to “bid” for a spot?

I wonder if anyone has even considered to advertise for the banner advertising that is a small business member of this site?

Regarding Amazon or similar affiliate on your site… I don’t believe I have even stumbled across this style of advertising before… or I have just blanked it out? Is it similar to Adsense or more like a banner type advertisement?

Would this style get a better click through rate that adsense?

Simmo.

seocourse
    Up

Hey Simmo

it’s not about the CTR it’s about the profit.
    The reason why people build these type of sites, its’ for the $$$ … so CTR it’s not vital, it’s the % of revenue the affiliate system gives you.

My failure with Amazon it’s fantastic. I could write a whole book about 199 ways to fail with Amazon sites. So I’m not the best person

You can try Ebay Partner Network… where you can expect to get mmm 0.20 cents per click and sometimes if you are lucky a bit more if people end up winning the bid.
    I have an example of an Ebay Partner Network site here

EuphoriaPerfume.com (that’s mine)

So you can also choose to go a different path and it’s join Clickbank and promote Info products. The comission usually it’s60%+ and the average product it’s $27 or more… so if you make one sale, you get $20 paid.

If you want to join an affiliate network in Australia there are mainly 2 options… you can go for Clickgalore and ComissionMonster… both are same same but different .

Now… no more forum-ping-pong:
    Time for me to go and put the Chocolate Eggs for the boys… they will wake up at 4:00 am screaming : WHERE IS THE BUNNY DADDDY???!!!!

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

I’m a fan of Adsense used correctly! I have some personal sites that are information type sites so it makes sense to use it there as Gabriel pointed out earlier.

As for Google being pickier on SERPs ranking of sites that contain adsense – well that makes perfect sense, sites containing lots of ads (or a high proportion of ads to content) are more likely to be spammy so the normal search algorithm might easily drop positions a little if it sees several ads on a page! Many analysts say this was a factor in the recent Panda update to SERPs.

There is no direct correlation between your SERPs rankings and using Adsense or AdWords other than the potential for looking spammy I mentioned. You do not get favourable treatment because you are using either.

For me the best results come with just one, maybe two, ad units on the page. Its counterintuitive but by only allowing limited ad space you tend to get the better paying ads anyway. You also avoid looking like an MFA and can maintain ranking in SERPs!

Positioning the ads is important, it needs to be fairly in your face so as to promote clicks but not so in your face as to be annoying to visitors.

I can also recommend the Amazon affiliate program, it works well for US traffic but can also work in many niches for Australian traffic. (Several products cannot be shipped to Australia from Amazon).

My two cents…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.