Home – New Forums Tech talk Google Adwords Certified?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up
    ::

Hello Friends,

I Have Some Questions for Google Adwords Exam?

I have Pass Fundamental with 93%, Now Turn for Search.

I want to ask Some Ques, SO Any one is Google Adwords Certified?

Thanks.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

I believe several FS’ers are Google certified… inc moi…

Vilson
    Participant
    Up

Hi Aiden,

Thanks..But I got it.

Hip Hip..Finally I am Google Adwords Certified Now.

93% in Fundamental and 80% in Search.

Very tricky Questions…

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Congratulations Vilson :)

Jayne

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi All,
    Shouldn’t this be in the sales and marketing forum?

I hate it when people call buying ads on Google “search engine marketing”.

There is a perfectly acceptable term and its called “advertising”. For over 100 years advertising agencies have been placing advertisements on TV, radio and print. What’s different about Google ads?

There is little in buying Adwords on Google that has much connection with the profession or practice of marketing.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Aidan
    Up

John – surely if it’s marketing on a search engine then it qualifies as search engine marketing?

:D

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    JohnW, post: 121680 wrote:
    Hi All,
    Shouldn’t this be in the sales and marketing forum?

I hate it when people call buying ads on Google “search engine marketing”.

There is a perfectly acceptable term and its called “advertising”. For over 100 years advertising agencies have been placing advertisements on TV, radio and print. What’s different about Google ads?

There is little in buying Adwords on Google that has much connection with the profession or practice of marketing.
    Regs,
    JohnWIsn’t advertising a component of marketing?

Vilson
    Participant
    Up

Thanks Jayne.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    Aidan, post: 121721 wrote:
    John – surely if it’s marketing on a search engine then it qualifies as search engine marketing?:D
    I would agree to a definition of “SE advertising” but not “SE marketing”. I know G has usurped the term and brainwashed us into accepting it. This is my pet peeve and it engenders the same reaction as the keyword meta tag does to Aidan.

The latest definition of marketing as specified by The American Marketing Association: “Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.”

Try these marketing syllabuses from:
    UTS: http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/business/gsb/courses/details.cfm?spk_cd=C04067
    Monash: http://monash.edu/pubs/handbooks/courses/0314.html

And yes, “advertising” is a very small component of “marketing” – so small that you probably won’t find it listed in a marketing syllabus. It’s probably buried under a unit with a name like “Marketing Communications”.

I would argue that buying sponsored links on a search engine is akin to the “media buying” function offered by advertising agencies.

Sorry for the pedantry troops but the rant makes me feel a lot better. :)
    Regs,
    JohnW

Aidan
    Up
    JohnW, post: 122342 wrote:
    This is my pet peeve and it engenders the same reaction as the keyword meta tag does to Aidan…. LMAO :D

IMHO I’d agree the term marketing is a loose one to most of the world, we argued this at business college years ago, the general consensus then was that ‘marketing’ is the entire business process not just the bit where you get customers to look at the offer.

Of course for the most of us, we don’t do the entire business process on a search engine, we just reach potential customers through them by getting our web pages listed in them.

Sometimes we reach those folks in the organic portion of the results because we arrange for our pages to be listed in that section, sometimes we reach them in the paid portion of the results because we arrange for our pages to be listed in that section. Often we arrange to get listed in both the organic and paid sections.

IMHO both organic and paid listings are getting a customer to look at your offer by using a search engine so both are search engine marketing ‘activities’.

my two cents for this Friday morning :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.