Home – New Forums Tech talk Google Chat Badge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tr3nton
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    ::

I am unaware if this has been discussed already, so if it has, I apologise.

Anyway, I came accross this nifty little service by google (a few months ago now) that you can chuck on your site. So if you have a google talk account, you can chuck a link on your website so visitors can chat to you in real time, without the need to 1. Have a google talk account and 2. to give out your google talk information. – that is presuming you are online ;-)

Link: http://www.google.com/talk/service/badge/New

Ta,
    Trent

YBBroker
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Trent, I love it!

Thanks for your post – I think this is something that is just another way you can capture clients.

It took me all of 5 minutes to put this up on my web site and create a GMail account and now if people come to the contact page or the About Us page on my web site they can chat to me instantly if i’m online.

It also adds another level of privacy for clients and chatting is something the younger generation is very much used to, so this is fantastic.

Do you know if there is an Iphone App that also works with this?

Steve Fitzpatrick
    Managing Director – Your Building Broker
    http://www.yourbuildingbroker.com.au

tr3nton
    Up
    YBBroker, post: 50955 wrote:
    Do you know if there is an Iphone App that also works with this?

Steve,

This is all through the browser, so I can’t see that it’d be a problem for someone using it on an iphone. i.e. if they visit your site on an iphone, and click the chat now link, a new window will pop up – of course, I have assumed this as I do not have an iPhone my self.

Ta,
    Trent

p.s. glad someone found it useful ;-)

YBBroker
    Up

I was wondering more if i had my Iphone on if it would show me online and they could chat to me while i was mobile.

tr3nton
    Up
    YBBroker, post: 50996 wrote:
    I was wondering more if i had my Iphone on if it would show me online and they could chat to me while i was mobile.

If you are signed in on the iphone, I would say yes. Can’t think of any logical reasons why it wouldn’t – since you are online ;)

Ta,
    Trent

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Darn it…

this would have been absolutely BRILLIANT if Telstra still had their HipTop systems running… :(

the Hiptop was permanently online, could chat using yahoo, msn, all free, standard text and multimedia was free too. (call costs were higher). and plan originally was cheap as chips :)

YBBroker
    Up

I had someone use this today from my web site! No work from it though but it was really cool to know they made contact.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.