Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Google/Facebook budget – What is realistic.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SendSelect.com.au
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

Hey FS members

I have been promoting my site SendSelect.com.au for the past 2 weeks and I have created both Google and Facebook Ads.

What is a realistic for my monthly budget? My initial goal is to get 10 customers to sign up to my website this month.

I currently have the budget set at $250 a month. My business partner wanted $100 and I was under the impression that was not enough.

Any other ideas for promotion is very welcome

Kind regards

Current%20Logo1%20copy.jpg

Ben Douglas

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

It depends on your click cost.

I just started a campaign for a client and recommended a first-month budget of $750. There’s numerous reasons behind this, but at the heart of it it’s a way to really pump some traffic to his website and start getting him ROI early.

With the data we collect from this month and the tweaks we make, I aim to be able to half that budget with same number of conversions.

$100 is a waste of your time. $250 is getting more reasonable for a low-CPC campaign. If you’re doing thousands of keywords and a full blown campaign, expect more like $3000-$5000 a month.

Facebook is different, because the CPC is significantly lower than AdWords.

Just remember, to test test test and continue to improve your campaign.

SendSelect.com.au
    Up

Thanks for you reply Chris

Very helpful info I am hoping to move our budget up to $500 this month and then hopefully $1000 in next month.

Kind Regards

Ben Douglas

ClareS
    Up

You do need to invest in PPC in order to get a return, and you need to test and measure in order to get the most ROI.

I would also be looking at free Social Media traffic generation techniques, like having a FB fan page, twitter, and also article marketing.
    You also need to consider the time put into free techniques as a cost.

I wouldn’t ignore free options. A lot of people out there are using free options only and having success.

Good Luck!

SendSelect.com.au
    Up

Hey ClareS

thanks for the tips

It boosts my energy when I see you write “I wouldn’t ignore free options. A lot of people out there are using free options only and having success.”

It gets me interested in this form of promotion again

cheers

Ben Douglas

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

Maybe I’m gonna put my foot in it :), but there is no such thing as free options.

Time is money. It’s very important to remember that. 50 Hours on a social marketing is still $500 (And that’s generous).

My vote is for google adwords. It’s a whole bunch less work. Which means it’s cheaper.

It’s different for everyone and every market tho.
    Just my 2 cents.

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

My advice would be to get your page right first and then start your campaigns.

On your other thread re conversions you mentioned you are getting some traffic but no sales. If you then start paying for more traffic without working out why your traffic isn’t converting you may as well flush the money down the toilet or you will just end up with more visitors but no more income!

Let me know if you would like a hand with this.

Matt

SendSelect.com.au
    Up

Hey Matt

Thanks for the help I am working on page myself trying to clean it up.

and

We are working on the conversion rate with all of the ideas below.

Thanks again

Ben Douglas

SendSelect.com.au
    Up
    JohnSheppard, post: 39338 wrote:
    Maybe I’m gonna put my foot in it :), but there is no such thing as free options.

Time is money. It’s very important to remember that. 50 Hours on a social marketing is still $500 (And that’s generous).

My vote is for google adwords. It’s a whole bunch less work. Which means it’s cheaper.

It’s different for everyone and every market tho.
    Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the advice John

agreed time = money

but at this point in time I am a peasant of the web development world and my time is cheap as chips. However I have increased my PPC campaign as we speak.

Thanks very much

Ben Douglas

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Hey there’s a van in your screen name!

I can understand your question and I think Chris answered it well. However, your main focus needs to be to make your campaign profitable.

Keep doing what you are doing to gain all the market information you are going to need. Over the coming months you will get an idea of what the level of competition you have, how much your clicks cost, what your conversion ratios are (clicks to sales etc). Once you have gathered a bit of this information you will start to be able to calculate how much you need to spend to achieve the goals of your campaign. Just remember Adwords is something that can always be improved and requires significant ongoing commitment to get good results.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.