Home – New Forums Tech talk Google Penguin 2.0 is Live ..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    klix media
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    ::

Hey Guys hy,

Waiting Moments ends here ..

Google Penguin 2.0 is Live ..

Any one Had any Positive or Negative effect ??

So that all other will come to know that what to do and what not to do ?

please share your reviews ..

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

I have to admit, I love this time. As long as you’re not relying on spammy techniques to get traffic you have nothing to fear but everything to gain as competitors drop through the rankings.

I remember the last big one hit some big-name websites so it will be interesting to see the fall out this time.

Link for those interested: http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2270007/Google-Penguin-2.0-Update-is-Live (there will be more info available as the update rolls out).

klix media
    Up
    JoshG, post: 161931 wrote:
    I have to admit, I love this time. As long as you’re not relying on spammy techniques to get traffic you have nothing to fear but everything to gain as competitors drop through the rankings.

sounds like you got benefit and positivity in your serp Josh .. is that so ??

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    klix media, post: 161932 wrote:
    sounds like you got benefit and positivity in your serp Josh .. is that so ??

Way too early to tell yet. I usually give it a few days for Google to finish adjusting things.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Yep alive…
    is interesting

Google still does what ever it wants….
    I see a lot of sites with Google Authorship markup … higher….
    no wonder.

Also is funny how EMD domains have drop power once again…..

klix media
    Up

Google still does what ever it wants….
    I see a lot of sites with Google Authorship markup … higher….

yups seocource even i do noticed same .. this got hike .. :)

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

An extremely early impression but it could be that Universal search has also been pumped up a bit more in algo importance.

If so, this has so much more impact on Aust. targeted sites than your basic Panda or Penguin changes.
    Regs,
    JohnW

rdenton
    • Total posts: 90
    Up

Funnily enough over the last couple of days, some of my low ranking sites have had heavily improved traffic from Google (and impressions)

Let’s hope it lasts!

Most of my other sites that ranked decently have had no effect thus far!

markn
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

I have seen zero impact on any of my (10+) websites.

JohnW
    Up

I think G has also tinkered with how it assesses location word searches in this upgrade.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hi all,

I’ve been advised to remove all links from signatures in forums.

Whats your opinion?

JohnW
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 162984 wrote:
    Hi all,

Whats your opinion?
    IMHO, I would be very surprised if this has any impact for most website owners.

In most situations, Google automatically manages parameters like this. In which case removing a low value link has no effect.

In rare situations, Google may impose a manual penalty. In which case, removal of links from the “bad” site may be needed.

Be very careful of SEOs who try to drum up business by touting the need to disavow links. I suggest that maybe 90%+ of websites will have no Google link penalty to worry about.

I would not worry about signature links from the FS forum hurting your ranking.
    Regs,
    JohnW

NickMorris
    Participant
    • Total posts: 283
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 162984 wrote:
    Hi all,

Whats your opinion?

Unless you have been spamming forums specifically for links then don’t worry about it.

It should be obvious to Google that signature forum links a self serving and therefore shouldn’t have a very high weight anyway.

markn
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

I wouldn’t worry too much about it either. For a number of reasons, some already mentioned. First, Google will give forum links hardly any weight anyway. Secondly, they are a great branding opportunity. And finally, most forums worth their salt have “nofollow” tags on their signature links these days anyway.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    markn, post: 163026 wrote:
    I wouldn’t worry too much about it either. For a number of reasons, some already mentioned. First, Google will give forum links hardly any weight anyway. Secondly, they are a great branding opportunity. And finally, most forums worth their salt have “nofollow” tags on their signature links these days anyway.

…or like this one, have nofollow links until you’ve been around for a while :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.