Home – New Forums Tech talk Google Places Is Over…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    T J Madigan
    • Total posts: 255
    Up
    ::

Google Places Is Over, Company Makes Google+ The Center Of Gravity For Local Search:
    http://searchengineland.com/google-places-is-over-company-makes-google-the-center-of-gravity-for-local-search-122770

I haven’t seen it in the search results on Google.com.au yet for any of the searches I have done for my clients.

EDIT: It’s not in the Universal search results (at this point in time). You can only see it in the Google Maps search results.

Here is what Google-au has to say:
    http://google-au.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/google-local-now-with-dash-of-zagat-and.html

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi TJ,

I have it in G+ but am not seeing it in search yet…

For me right now a search for ‘chinese restaurants sydney cbd’ is bringing up a Swissotel in G+local (what a great result) and PalaceChinese.com.au as the first Google Places result in search…

Here we go again…

sigh

T J Madigan
    T J Madigan
    Up

More from the Google Blog.
    Helping people discover and share local businesses with Google+:
    http://googleandyourbusiness.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/helping-people-discover-and-share-local.html

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Yep. Straight attack to Facebook fanpages.

YellowPages CEO must be crying… wait a few month, this will outrank any yellow pages results

T J Madigan
    Up
    Aidan, post: 118045 wrote:
    I have it in G+ but am not seeing it in search yet…

I’m seeing some changes in the search results now.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Yup must be rolling out now – starting to see some of the new places results in search in my logged-in chrome browser now…

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up

What a pain – just had to update my new Google+ Page with everything that was in my Google Places page and now wait for 4 weeks for a postcard …

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

One of the really good things about this change though is the “no more anonymous bad reviews”. All reviews from now on, have to have a valid G+ userid.
    Admittedly that comes with its own issues, but at least now it’s a little harder for someone to dis you with bogus negative reviews.

calebmarshall
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    MargaretO, post: 118260 wrote:
    One of the really good things about this change though is the “no more anonymous bad reviews”. All reviews from now on, have to have a valid G+ userid.
    Admittedly that comes with its own issues, but at least now it’s a little harder for someone to dis you with bogus negative reviews.

Unfortunately mate, it’s still all too easy with automated programs out there.

The main thing is though that these programs are used for pushing good reviews on clients sites rather than trying to mess around with other businesses’ ratings.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.