Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Google Plus – why aren’t you on there yet?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    PondQuip
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

In case you’re not aware, Google Plus is Google’s version of Facebook.

Here is why it benefits your business to be on there more than it does to be on facebook.

Lets say I am searching for a product in Google, for example pool supplies

Like usual I am searching while I am logged into my Google account.

Because one of my contacts on Google + has +1’d a pool supplies website, that site is now listed on the search results page at the very top and tells me that is was +1’d by (insert friends name)

What this means for you the business owner

Go on Google Plus, make as many contacts as possible, add them to your ‘circles’, generally people will add you back after you add them.

Although I have separate profile pages for my businesses on G+ I mostly prefer to add people when under my real name.

Remember: Once on there don’t spam links to your website to your followers, it will soon become annoying to them. If it a useful article you have written or a video that is informative, fine, but no one cares about the new car part you have for sale.

The more contacts you have the more potential to skew search engine results in your favour!

If anyone wants to find me on Google +, here is my profile

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108990918158344744542/posts

PondQuip
    Up

In my experience so far, once you share a website on Google plus that is enough to skew your friends search results, regardless of whether or not that website has the Google plus button installed.

PondQuip
    Up

In my experience so far, once you share a website on Google plus that is enough to skew your friends search results, regardless of whether or not that website has the Google plus button installed.

PondQuip
    Up

It would be interesting to know that, I suppose everyone who uses gmail for starters. Most people I know when I see them use a computer are logged in to Google.

G+ has been slow to take off in Aus. We don’t like change and prefer to stay with the facebook we are familiar with.

Other countries are going great on G+, there are a few things I think are inferior to facebook, and other things are superior. They are still working on improving it and every few weeks I will notice they have made changes to the layout.

PondQuip
    Up

It would be interesting to know that, I suppose everyone who uses gmail for starters. Most people I know when I see them use a computer are logged in to Google.

G+ has been slow to take off in Aus. We don’t like change and prefer to stay with the facebook we are familiar with.

Other countries are going great on G+, there are a few things I think are inferior to facebook, and other things are superior. They are still working on improving it and every few weeks I will notice they have made changes to the layout.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Not sure what relevance this has except for an attempt at a link drop

Re G+ I suppose it depends on the weight that will ultimately be placed on it. It could be failed experiment of G’s part.

They certainly are not promoting it to the average user, and why would the average user want it anyway, esp if they have a FB account!

King
    Up

Not sure what relevance this has except for an attempt at a link drop

Re G+ I suppose it depends on the weight that will ultimately be placed on it. It could be failed experiment of G’s part.

They certainly are not promoting it to the average user, and why would the average user want it anyway, esp if they have a FB account!

DanielM
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Google will not let this one slip like they have with other business ventures. I see exponential growth in the years to come due to their strategies.

DanielM
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Google will not let this one slip like they have with other business ventures. I see exponential growth in the years to come due to their strategies.

King
    Up

In my experience so far, once you share a website on Google plus that is enough to skew your friends search results,

Won’t your friends use your website anyway?

King
    Up

In my experience so far, once you share a website on Google plus that is enough to skew your friends search results,

PondQuip
    Up
    King, post: 113807 wrote:

I use the term friends loosely, I meant contacts.

PondQuip
    Up
    King, post: 113807 wrote:

I use the term friends loosely, I meant contacts.

King
    Up

Yikes, next we will be seeing another one of those ‘you and me I’ll add you’ threads here. People trying to game the system through lots of friends/contacts/followers/acquaintances/don’t-know-you’from-a-bar-of-soap…….

King
    Up

Yikes, next we will be seeing another one of those ‘you and me I’ll add you’ threads here. People trying to game the system through lots of friends/contacts/followers/acquaintances/don’t-know-you’from-a-bar-of-soap…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.