Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Google Rich Snippets?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Diecastpoint
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

Hello All,

So I am interested in knowing has anyone implemented Google Rich Snippets tags onto their products?

Would be interested to know if it has increased visits or even sales to your website. :D

Also for those who do not know what a Google Rich Snippet is please follow the link https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/99170?hl=en.

Thanks in advance
    Ron

cos71n
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

I work at an online marketing agency in the SEO team. I can confirm that rich snippets absolutely do increase click through rates. We have done a lot of analysis internally that shows it time and time again.

For ecomm stores I recommend product, reviews, breadcrumb data and setting up authorship on your blog. Anything you can do to make your entry in the SERPs stand out is a good thing.

David
    Participant
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    Diecastpoint, post: 172410 wrote:
    Hello All,
    Would be interested to know if it has increased visits or even sales to your website. :D

We use them for our business software products but have not noticed any significant impact.

Having said that our products are in house developed, not standard products, and are only distrubuted via our sites.

It may be a completly different result if applied to standard products that appear on different sites. In this case (as mentioned by others) it is likely (and logical) that product pages with rich snipits may recieve a slight ranking boost from google.

David

bizpep.com applications deliver unique business and investment insight providing solutions for 1000's of clients world-wide
    Diecastpoint
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi Guys,

Our developer implemented Google rich snippets into our site, quite recently.

Apparently it can take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks before you have any solid results, the easy part is to implement them the hardest part it waiting for results haha.

I am viewing my analytics account daily will report back my result :D

David
    Participant
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Just in case anyone is interested in seeing where rich snippets and structured data might be going have a look at

Google’s community built database Freebase

http://www.freebase.com/

For the seo minded (and others) some interesting happenings in the background…

David

bizpep.com applications deliver unique business and investment insight providing solutions for 1000's of clients world-wide
    Gfx2Web.com
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

We’ve used them on a few client sites, but haven’t noticed much difference.

Perhaps it’s a wise move for future changes?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.