Home Forums Other discussions Google thinks my site is invisible!? Low quality score for frames

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    barefootbabies
    • Total posts: 8

I have a website that’s an affiliate one mostly made up of ‘frames’ as a result, when using google adwords my ads don’t show because of low quality score. Here is the html with all links removed in this example for obvious forum reasons. Is there anything I can do as far as editing code so that adwords will recognise that I do actually have a site and show my ads?

content=”keywords”>
    content=”description”>
    content=”text/html;charset=iso-8859-1″>
    title
    content=”description here”
    name=”description”>
    content=”keywords here”
    name=”keywords”>

content=”dc06ee4a1c41026e0c3a22e94640fb91″>

frameborder=”no”> src=”their website with my affiliate ID”
    name=”dvd_hdrx” noresize=”noresize” scrolling=”yes”>
    <body></p> <p>Website designed by <a<br /> href=&#8221;designers site&#8221;>designers name<br /> DesignAustralia</p> <p></p> <p>Main site <a<br /> href=&#8221;#&#8221;>Their site</p> <p> </body><br />

Zenra
    • Total posts: 9

Hi xlaire,

As far as I am aware, and I not a web programmer, however, you need to get rid of the frames.
    If you are using joomla, there is configeration setting so that you can design in frames however the frames are converted when displaying the html page.

Crash Lander
    • Total posts: 83

I’m not an expert at web design, but have built a couple of fairly basic sites.
    I’ve never been a real fan of frames because I always have trouble with format on the varying resolutions people use these days.
    What I tend to do, to get the layout I want, is use tables, instead of frames. I think, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this may be a solution for you.
    It would mean pretty much re-doing your site, but if you paste your code into one of the many freely available WYSIWYG page builders, it should not be too difficult.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556

frames are bad for a start (and tables are bad too unless it is actually for a table of data) but your main problem would be the line of code that says which basically tells search engines not to index the site

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642

Hi Xlaire,
    You have multiple problems to address.

This bit of code tells the search engines not to index your Home page at all. This is the first reason why your site is invisible to them.

Even if they did index your Home page, this is what they would “read” if I understand your post correctly:

(Words in your domain name)

“title

Website designed by (designers name) Design Australia

Main site Their site.”

That means you would only be found in the search engines when someone searches for your domain name.

Frames are another problematic issue but at the moment, the search engines don’t get as far as these causing them problems.

I can’t offer any solutions because I don’t know what level of control you have over your web page publishing system.

You are correct in your understanding that your Adword campaign is pretty dead in the water until you can sort out these issues.

Send me a PM if you want to chat about your problems and solutions.

Regs,

JohnW

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.