Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Google+ Tips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    adelphiprint
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

I wanted to start a thread for people to post any tips they have learned about using Google+ for their business. To get the ball rolling, here are a few tips:

1. Join Communities
    2. Engage Your Circles
    3. Answer Questions You’re Knowledgeable About
    4. Create Google Plus Business Page
    5. Verify with your website

RodBartley
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi adelphiprint,

Let this 15-Point Checklist help everyone when creating not just a business Google page but a page that can launch a thousand followers.

1. Select the right category
    2. Add your business name
    3. Add a profile picture (at least 250 x 250 pixels)
    4. Add a cover photo (at least 2120 x 1192 pixels)
    5. Circle people in your industry
    6. Add an interesting tagline
    7. Add an introduction
    8. Add your social links
    9. Claim your vanity URL
    10. Verify your website URL
    11. Verify email address. Use the same email address as your domain.
    12. Include other contact infos: address, chat, fax, mobile, phone
    13. Integrate Youtube (if you have one)
    14. Add additional managers
    15. Add quality content

Cheers,
    Rod

BeautyCindy
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for these ideas. I am trying to develop my Google Plus and Facebook pages but it takes a lot of time and I am not sure of the results I can get from it.

How long do you spend per week on updating your social pages? Do you have any guidance for it?

Thanks for your advice.

C.

RodBartley
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi BeautyCindy,

New social networking sites pop up all the time and you’d be wasting your time if you jumped on all of them. Find what’s best and suit your needs and will help your business grow.

For me, my choice is G+. Why? Because using G+ can help customers find your business faster and easier because it’s indexed by Google thus increasing your visibility as well.

I’ll share a few tips on how you can be active on G+ without wasting your time.

15 minutes – Look for info your circles would enjoy outside G+.
    15 minutes – Engage in conversation on a post.
    10 minutes – Read posts by others and comment.
    10 minutes – Comment on your own post.
    5 minutes – Share a new post.

Since you also mentioned Facebook, I will list down some time saving tricks to manage your Facebook Page.

Morning:
    *Check your brand Page first before you get distracted by the News Feed and picture of friends and articles from the other brands.
    *Check Admin Panel’s “Notifications” and “Messages” sections. Respond to all comments and messages even the ones that are critical. Remove anything profane or spammy.
    *Visit sites like Facebook’s newsroom to check for Facebook’s latest news and updates.

Afternoon:
    *Respond to all new comments and messages.
    *Use online tools to find outside content to share with your Facebook community and to see what competitors are posting.

Last 30-45 Minute of the Day:
    *Respond to all new comments and messages.
    *Review your blog calendar. Make note of posts to schedule for the following day that promote the blog’s recently published articles.
    *Plan out a rough posting schedule for the following day with copy, links and visuals.
    *Schedule night or weekend posts.

Hope these tips will help manage your G+ and Facebook pages and get better results.

Cheers,
    Rod

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

The principles for G+ are basically the same as on Facebook or any other social network. You need an audience (you may need to create some ads or some other way to encourage people to follow you), and once you have that you need to be:

Creating great content, adding value, answering questions, engaging you audience, not being spammy or talking about your services or prices all the time.

If you do that, you’ll have success.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi,
    This thread has jumped into the deep end.

IMHO, the first step is to decide which social media are appropriate to your audience and marketing objectives.

You can’t allocate time to the various media until you know which is/are appropriate to your objectives. When you decide what is relevant, measure the response.

Chose Your Social Media First
    Each main social media (Facebook, Twitter, G+, LinkedIn, etc) has its own set of media characteristics. You need to use them as they are relevant to your audience and communications objectives.

• Facebook: Tends to be consumer and existing customer oriented. Images and videos are important. Discounts, samples and competitions are motivators. Also consider using for company image objectives.
    • G+: Tends to be more relevant to technical Internet users.
    • LinkedIn: May be more useful for B2B and service industries.
    • Twitter: Works well for transient info. Consider jobs, real estate and similar markets where information is very temporary.

G+ can be a good medium for some markets but they seem to be a very small minority.

Don’t use G+ for SEO purposes. In most markets you will be hard pressed to see any benefits from this attribute.

Regs,
    JohnW

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.