Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Gordon Stewart – New Member

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Stewart
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi all, Gordon here from SEO simplicity in Brisbane. My business has been up and running for about a month now – yeah, Christmas is a crazy time to try and start a business! Now that the initial set up of the site is done I figured it was about time to join Flying Solo to get to know a few of you.

A bit about me:
    Moved to Brissie two years ago from Nelson Bay, NSW;
    A Business Consultant by day, establishing my SEO company by night/weekend/Christmas Holidays;
    I enjoy helping people resolve technical issues, particularly business related;
    Read the ‘Beermat’ series and got fired up;
    Read Flying Solo and got even more fired up;
    Established SEO simplicity.

I would love to get involved in any Brisbane networks. If there is one already going then maybe someone could let me know where and when.

Anyway, I look forward to being an active member of this forum!

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Gordon

Thanks for joining us, and congratulations on your new venture.

I see you’ve already found the thread about networking in Brisbane – hopefully you’ll be able to join in some get-togethers after the holiday craziness dies down.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards :)
    Jayne

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Welcome Gordon,

I started my new business at Christmas a few years ago – yep it seemed odd at the time – ahh well time moves quickly in business…

I hope you get some great ideas from the people on this forum.

I have not heard of the beermat series – whats that?

Kev

Gordon Stewart
    Up
    Gordon Stewart, post: 22783 wrote:
    I would love to get involved in any Brisbane networks. If there is one already going then maybe someone could let me know where and when.

I found the Brisbane Network!

Gordon Stewart
    Up
    soliddata, post: 22877 wrote:
    I have not heard of the beermat series – whats that?

Kev

The ‘Beermat’ series is by Mike Southon and Chris West – both are UK entrepreneurs. They are easy to read and full of great ideas – they are a bit like Flying Solo. The series includes;

Marketing on a Beermat
    Sales on a Beermat
    Finance on a Beermat

I found both Marketing on a Beermat and Sales on a Beermat in my local bargain-basement bookshop for $6.95 each.

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Good luck with your business. Your name is Gordon and you live in Brisbane so you must be a good bloke! If you want to get involved in a Brisbane Network a great one I can suggest is the ‘Go to West End for drinks on weeknights and chillout because you have your own business and wake up when the phone rings with your first sale of the day’ Network. As an established member I can tell you it is fresh yo.

Craig
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi Gordon and welcome to the Flying Solo forum! Great time to start a business is when you’re ready, over Christmas gives you time to get organised, so well done for starting. Your website looks nice, hope you get some good tips from the great group of people here.

All the best,
    Craig

http://www.helpdesksoftware.com.au
    Help Desk Software Australia Pty Ltd

Urban Dezign
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Gordon
    I just became a member and whilst reading through the postings found yours. I am a member of South East Brisbane Chamber of Commerce. Excellent network.
    SEBCC meets for breakfast 1st Tuesday of every month at Colmslie Hotel. Check out the website http://www.sebcc.com.au.
    Hope this is of help
    Rita

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.