Home – New Forums Starting your journey Got my ACN, Do i have to get an abn too

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jason2
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I got an ACN for to my company name, and i will register my company name as a trade mark too..

one more confusing though, Do i have to get an ABN? but when i tried to apply it says, you can get an ann if you don’t have one,, well I do have one abn, its just under my name,, not under company name, i m just thinking for ABN the company is act just like another person? so he (company) does not have and ABN, or previously he did not have an ABN, is that so

Thank you very much for helping me to step into business world

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

The company will be issued with an ABN of its own…generally it will be the ACN with “85” before it, but not always !!

If you are no longer using the ABN that you have as a sole trader, then you should cancel it.

Wendy :)

MyGreatIdea
    Up

The company will be issued with an ABN of its own…generally it will be the ACN with “85” before it, but not always !!

If you are no longer using the ABN that you have as a sole trader, then you should cancel it.

Jason2
    Up

I think i should keep my solo abn as i need that when i work for others.. (till i get my company keep going)

I did not receive any abn details with the ACN. I register the acn with ecompanies.com.au.

Jason2
    Up

I think i should keep my solo abn as i need that when i work for others.. (till i get my company keep going)

I did not receive any abn details with the ACN. I register the acn with ecompanies.com.au.

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up

You will require an ABN for your company if your company is trading within Australia. An ACN is different from an ABN.

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up

You will require an ABN for your company if your company is trading within Australia. An ACN is different from an ABN.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Just to clarify …

ACN means Australian Company Number.

This is entirely different to

ABN which is

Australian Business Number.

All companies must register to get an ABN as well as having their ACN.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Just to clarify …

ACN means Australian Company Number.

This is entirely different to

ABN which is

Australian Business Number.

All companies must register to get an ABN as well as having their ACN.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

So Jason, it sounds like you still need to apply for an ABN for your company.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

So Jason, it sounds like you still need to apply for an ABN for your company.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

I think you still need to apply – rather than the ABN being automatically issued – and, it will always be the ACN with 2 additional numbers in front if it’s company/ACN based… but, not necessarily 85…

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

I think you still need to apply – rather than the ABN being automatically issued – and, it will always be the ACN with 2 additional numbers in front if it’s company/ACN based… but, not necessarily 85…

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

you also NEED an ABN if you want to develop an iPhone.

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

you also NEED an ABN if you want to develop an iPhone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.