Home – New Forums Tell me straight… government agency request my company info – how to answer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sps
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

A government agency wants to assess my company as a potential project material supplier. My company has just 3 staff including me, and I am a distributor/sales agent for overseas manufacturers. My company was setup in 2013, and has just been mainly developing the market and do a bit of online sales, no million-dollar project undertaking so far. But the overseas company I represent has numerous mega projects worldwide.

A request for information (RfI) from a government agency typically seeks such information:
    Company name,
    Office and sites,
    last 3 years project count,
    last three years annual revenue,
    last three years major projects.
    the number of projects conducted in $250k scale… 1-3million scale… 3-5million scale etc,

To be practical and straightforward I should reply above requests with data from my represented company instead of my own company EXCEPT company name and Office & sites. Am I right? Or what do you think should be if not?

Quick advises will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Tell them about your company, you are the one selling the product or service. When I dealt with contracts of this nature, if someone represented the information about another company as if it was their own, they were very quickly reviewed out.

You could mention you deal with other companies and details there of, but don’t stray from the truth about your own company or abilities

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Thanks for joining and contributing.

Cheers

sps
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    bb1, post: 241647, member: 53375 wrote:
    When I dealt with contracts of this nature, if someone represented the information about another company as if it was their own, they were very quickly reviewed out.

Understandable. Thank you very much for being frank. I am now very sure how to respond.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.