Home – New Forums Starting your journey Government will no longer fund Innovate SA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cats
    • Total posts: 85
    Up
    ::

Is Innovate SA another victim of Carbon Tax?

I have never used Innovate SA myself, however, there are plenty of businesses that do/have. And I feel it will probably go under quietly as the many small businesses it helps struggle to find alternative help with different issues and not make a song and dance about it.

When Australia dropped the import tariffs to 0%, the government pledged to help Australian businesses do better nationally and internationally through organisations like Austrade and Innovate SA, however, now those vital services are being cut. I remember hearing the same story about Austrade being cut right back and not being able to assist many (keeping only to the big industries…or if it is a small industry, it had to be dealing in wine if memory serves me correctly). I have never bothered about what happens with these agencies that are meant to offer businesses help, preferring to go it alone and focus on what I am doing, rather than what someone/something else can do for me but I think the time has come where we shouldn’t keep quiet about what is going on because plenty of businesses do rely on/require outside help.

On that note, congratulations to all of you soloists as you continue to ‘make it’ without any help from our less than caring government. You deserve a huge pat on the back for even giving it a go. Take heart and keep putting one foot in front of the other. :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

The Business Growth Centres in Perth have also recently closed due to lack of funding…without so much as a murmur :(

Wendy :)

divparty
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    Cats, post: 118920 wrote:
    I have never used Innovate SA myself, however, there are plenty of businesses that do/have.

We only learned about Innovate SA in April this year. We met with two guys there who helped us immensely with no agenda other than providing solid advice and ideas for our business. We are really sad to hear they will be shutting down and would have continued to work with them if this wasn’t the case. It’s a sad day for SA.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I never got round to using them myself either, but going off what DIV said, sounds like a lost resource that would’ve been handy.

Dang!

Cats
    Up
    divparty, post: 118932 wrote:
    We only learned about Innovate SA in April this year. We met with two guys there who helped us immensely with no agenda other than providing solid advice and ideas for our business. We are really sad to hear they will be shutting down and would have continued to work with them if this wasn’t the case. It’s a sad day for SA.

It is indeed…

Cats
    Up
    Couple It, post: 118928 wrote:
    The Business Growth Centres in Perth have also recently closed due to lack of funding…without so much as a murmur :(

Wendy :)

How disappointing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.