Home – New Forums Money matters Govt throwing some money our way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,24789204-5017672,00.html

I cant help feeling like being on the beach with not a cloud in the sky while knowing the perfect storm is just over the horizon…

MediaMuse
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

Adam do you understand from this article that only small businesses who operate under PAYG installments will get the tax cuts?

I am not up on this system as I was told you dont traditionally go onto this system until the end of your first year in business? And I am only 6 months in.

Thanks for posting the link…

joe
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

And it isn’t a tax cut or hand out at all. All it is, is that you can defer a percentage of your PAYG payment till annual tax time. All these government “incentives” just look like ways to teach us all to spend now pay later. I thought that was how we got in this mess.

I wish the media would stop reporting this as a tax handout or such.

Ric Willmot
    • Total posts: 141
    Up
    joe, post: 937 wrote:
    And it isn’t a tax cut or hand out at all. All it is, is that you can defer a percentage of your PAYG payment till annual tax time. All these government “incentives” just look like ways to teach us all to spend now pay later. I thought that was how we got in this mess.

I wish the media would stop reporting this as a tax handout or such.

Here, here!

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

What you mean just like they do in the Hollow Men, make a grand statement that has no substance behind it at all.

They got me again…

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Yes it isnt much of an incentive for small business.

Fortunately as Im over 65 and retired I did recieve a hand out.

As a small business person my advice is discuss ways to minimise your tax with your accountant, innovative accounting.

I payed minimum tax for over thirty years, and was not dishonest in any way shape or form.

Think outside the square, and enjoy the fruit of your hard work

BrightSpark
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

It looks like the new US government is going to invest in some $30 billion into IT, Broadband and Smart Grid over the next 5 years which will have a direct result of creating over 500,000 jobs in Small Business, they seem to understand that the country need to support their small businesses. This is on top of all the other grants that they have available to small business.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.