Home – New Forums New here? Share your story gradresumes.com.au

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GradResumes
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi guys

New member here that has started a small business providing graduate resumes and cover letters written by HR professionals.

Would love to know what you think. Got Leisa Dent to design the site (Better Business Cards) and she did a great job !

the site is gradresumes.com.au

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Good luck with the resume biz, I think your site looks nice and modern but there are a couple of things you could add to improve your credibility (= more sales)…

-Include your name (and photo). Show that you stand behind your business.
    -Who are these HR Experts that write your resumes? Include their names, photos, and qualifications for best results.

All of this will give people more confidence to invest a couple of hundred dollars with you.

Keep us posted, and I hope to see you around the place :)

Dave

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo

I like the idea that HR professionals are doing the work as they should know what employers are looking for in the ever changing world of HR.

Enjoy your time here at Flying Solo there is a lot of information around and plenty of people to learn from.

smurf1
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    GradResumes, post: 187948 wrote:
    Hi guys

New member here that has started a small business providing graduate resumes and cover letters written by HR professionals.

Would love to know what you think. Got Leisa Dent to design the site (Better Business Cards) and she did a great job !

the site is gradresumes.com.au

Hi Grad’

Website looks fantastic. I think you are on a winner if get some connections with say migration agents or associations. Some times you can sponsor a community event in exchange for them to “try” to get you x-number of referrals.
    I have seen many resumes in my life time and I always wonder why graduates always put their part-time job i.e. shelf-stacker in their resumes for Accounting Jobs!

All the best

Mark.

dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    smurf1, post: 188133 wrote:
    Hi Grad’

Website looks fantastic. I think you are on a winner if get some connections with say migration agents or associations. Some times you can sponsor a community event in exchange for them to “try” to get you x-number of referrals.
    I have seen many resumes in my life time and I always wonder why graduates always put their part-time job i.e. shelf-stacker in their resumes for Accounting Jobs!

All the best

Mark.

You’ll probably find they have no relevant industry experience so at least showing they worked somewhere previously, even if unrelated is better than nothing. Perhaps they’ve been there since they were 18 or 19 and show they’re also loyal.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Great site and service. One problem, once the job is advertised its already too late.

Why not offer a service where you teach people how to identify companies and target them before they need anyone. This way you beat the heard.

Teach people how to market themselves.

GradResumes
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi guys so many responses ! Thank you. A lot of food for thought !

Dave – I cant really reveal who I am unfortunately, because I am working at the same time and my employer would get angry. Also my employee wants to remain anonymous. I agree that this is a big minus for ‘credibility’, but at the same time more than 50% of my competitors have done the same thing.

MissSassy – Thanks

Mark – Thank you for your very kind words. Good suggestions except that I ran out of cash. Did a email bitlz with GradConnection to 10,000 grads – only got one sale ! More experience needed !

Dangaff – I agree an unrelated job is better than no job – and you can at least ‘sell’ some employer friendly qualities :)

Tony – Great idea ! I will look into this further. Coaching is definitely another avenue.

Unfortunately the business has not been much of a success so far – but I am still kicking !

Aaron !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.