Home – New Forums Starting your journey Grants for business start up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    EmpressAdmin
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m a grants consultant and just thought I would post this to let all those thinking about starting a new business what the deal is with grants as I am asked this question a lot.

Can I get a grant to start up my business?

Yes and no (nothing is ever black and white :)). Generally, if you are starting a business, you are starting it for you, so lump cash sums are very hard to come by to help you get started. However, there are a number of incentives such as discounts on training, workshops, mentoring programs, marketing plans etc.

If you have a business already operating and you have developed an innovative product that you need funding to support its manufacture (ie a new environmentally sustainable piece of equipment), then this may be eligible for some assistance.

If you have a particular query regarding grants and what you may or may not be eligible to receive, please pm me, there really is stacks of options out there.

Cheers,

MajorVenuePromotions
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I am looking at helping my indigenous father-in-law start up a business, at the moment he is unemployed and I was looking at starting the business as an 80-20 partnership (him being the 80% as I will just be just focusing doing all the back of house work, as I have a marketing company i must focus on as well). What type of grants would he be eligible for and what is the process of getting these (I am creating a business plan at this point in time)

MajorVenuePromotions
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I am looking at helping my indigenous father-in-law start up a business, at the moment he is unemployed and I was looking at starting the business as an 80-20 partnership (him being the 80% as I will just be just focusing doing all the back of house work, as I have a marketing company i must focus on as well). What type of grants would he be eligible for and what is the process of getting these (I am creating a business plan at this point in time)

EmpressAdmin
    Up

Hi there,

The New Enterprise Incentive Scheme may be of some assistance to your father-in-law in terms of getting the business plan sorted, any relevant training, mentorship and income whilst he gets the business started.

What type of business is he wanting to get started?

EmpressAdmin
    Up

Hi there,

The New Enterprise Incentive Scheme may be of some assistance to your father-in-law in terms of getting the business plan sorted, any relevant training, mentorship and income whilst he gets the business started.

What type of business is he wanting to get started?

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Interesting topic I was referred to the commercialization Australia body a few weeks ago.

A quick look at their site she sounded promising, the government can help out with some initial steps. I proceeded to read through and submitted the initial application. It was rejected due to the fact that were already selling products and hence fall outside of the scope for this project :-(

I have a feeling there are some other options out there but a stronger feeling that jumping through many hoops will be required :-)

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Interesting topic I was referred to the commercialization Australia body a few weeks ago.

A quick look at their site she sounded promising, the government can help out with some initial steps. I proceeded to read through and submitted the initial application. It was rejected due to the fact that were already selling products and hence fall outside of the scope for this project :-(

I have a feeling there are some other options out there but a stronger feeling that jumping through many hoops will be required :-)

dahl
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi,

I was wondering if you could offer me any information or guidance towards relevant grants? I am involved in the early phase of two start up businesses, one in the smartphone application industry and the other a clothing label.

I any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Danum

dahl
    Up

Hi,

I was wondering if you could offer me any information or guidance towards relevant grants? I am involved in the early phase of two start up businesses, one in the smartphone application industry and the other a clothing label.

I any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Danum

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Danum,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

This web page will be a useful place to start: http://www.business.gov.au/GrantFinder/GrantFinder.aspx

Good luck,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Danum,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

This web page will be a useful place to start: http://www.business.gov.au/GrantFinder/GrantFinder.aspx

Good luck,
    Jayne

Holster
    Up

Hi I have started a home made candle selling business and am struggling with the costs of supplies and equipment, setting up website etc I do work full time but started to supplement my income are there any grants that I am eligible for to assist with set up costs? Kind Regards H

Holster
    Up

Hi I have started a home made candle selling business and am struggling with the costs of supplies and equipment, setting up website etc I do work full time but started to supplement my income are there any grants that I am eligible for to assist with set up costs? Kind Regards H

Planning4business
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I am not aware of Australian grants that would cover cost of goods and equipment. In previous posts I noticed references to commercialization Australia. This scheme is no longer active (as of May 2014). It is being replaced by Entrepreneurship infrastructure.
    Generally, there are more opportunities to receive government funding when your business has intellectual property that provides competitive advantage and opportunity for sustainable growth
    Best of luck in your business!

Planning4business
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I am not aware of Australian grants that would cover cost of goods and equipment. In previous posts I noticed references to commercialization Australia. This scheme is no longer active (as of May 2014). It is being replaced by Entrepreneurship infrastructure.
    Generally, there are more opportunities to receive government funding when your business has intellectual property that provides competitive advantage and opportunity for sustainable growth
    Best of luck in your business!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.