Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Graphic Designer in SE Qld

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JoyReynolds
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone

I’ve been looking for something like this for ages, without knowing what I was looking for and found it tonight when I put in a search for terms for my client relationships. A lot of advice I find online is US-centric, without any understanding of international readers, and it’s a little frustrating.

I’ve always done graphic design – before I finished school, I was making Christmas money painting snowy scenes on shop windows, and I’m not talking stencils, it was the whole reindeer, Santa stuck in the chimney full window treatment. One of my least favourite clients always wanted a verse with it, and because I painted from inside the window for the protection of the art, I had to write it backwards.

However, desire does not make a graphic designer – a lot of people won’t look at you unless you’re qualified, so after I mostly finished raising the kids (my youngest finished high school last year), I went to university through distance education and surprised myself by doing really well. I had part-time work over the last four years from the academics (different university) that I used to do office work for, and I found I was really popular and considered a scarce resource, so I thought I’d give it a go full-time. Of course, as soon as I graduated (last November) my two of my three major projects dried up, and now I’m in the scary position of hunting down new clientele.

So that’s the story, probably too much information. Hi everybody.

Joy

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Joy,

We’re really glad you found us! You will find lots of support here – there are some fabulously talented and experienced designers in our community, and they love to help others.

Do you have a website you can show us? We’d love to see samples of your work.

All the best, and thanks for coming out to play,
    Jayne

JoyReynolds
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hey thanks Jayne

My website is http://www.joyreynoldsdesign.com, which I was careful not to post actually after reading the rules, so thanks for the invitation to do so.

Still finding my way around here, but it’s so good to find a dedicated Australian forum.

Cheers

Joy

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Joy,
    Great website – it’s clear you know exactly who your target market is, so that should help you when it comes to adding to your client base.

I love the bees by the way, and I love this one too: http://www.joyreynoldsdesign.com/animations/gentheory.swf

Very cute!

Please feel free to add your website URL to your signature. To do that, choose Control Panel from the grey bar above the forum, and then click on Edit Signature.

All the best,
    Jayne

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

Hi Joy
    Welcome to the forum – I hope you find some useful advice here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.