• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I a newbie here. Actually, this website popped up when I was searching the way to find an external CA mentor to commence the CA program.

After reading some threads, the variety surprises me, I believe I will have fun here. Exciting!

By the way, please do let me know if anyone is interested in being my mentor for CA program. I’m basing in Sydney :p

Wish you all have a nice weekend!

eLi

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi eLi

Thanks for joining the forums, it’s good to have you here. Presumably you’re referring to ‘Chartered Accountant’…what’s involved in being your mentor? It may be good to explain things further for our community.

Robert and the FS Crew

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    Robert Gerrish, post: 189785 wrote:
    Hi eLi

Thanks for joining the forums, it’s good to have you here. Presumably you’re referring to ‘Chartered Accountant’…what’s involved in being your mentor? It may be good to explain things further for our community.

Robert and the FS Crew

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

The role of mentor for Chartered Accountant is detailed as follows:

1. The mentor will supervise and support candidate’s progression throughout the Practical Experience component of the Chartered Accountants Program;

2. Share experience;

3. Help the candidate to identify and plan to meet the gaps in your knowledge

4. Meet with the candidate face-to-face at least quarterly to plan and focus on demonstrating how your daily work meets the areas of competency;

5. When you are eligible for membership, the mentor assesses the candidate’s technical and non-technical competence to the levels required, assess your overall level of competence at the end of the Practical Experience component and submits a written report on your achievement of competence at the end of the Practical Experience component;

6. Document all meetings and review the candidate’s logbook regularly and sign off on your competency development.

It sounds load of work. I believe it can’t be that complicated once efficient communication is established.

Thanks,

el.

affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up

Welcome aboard El … good luck with what you seek. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.