• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    apj
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

After stumbling across this place a couple of weeks ago I thought it only polite to stop by the forums and introduce myself and to say thanks for the great resource you’ve built here.

I’ve recently taken the big scary plunge, quit my job and decided to fly solo with my own business venture. Hopefully I’m not on my own for too long however …..

I’m a Chartered Tax Adviser (and CPA). My background is tax adviser primarily to small business and high net worth client groups and I was a partner for some years in a Brisbane Chartered Accounting Firm though I’ve also spent some time in London working in a large firm and in-house at a very entrepreneurial corporate group. I’m now based in Melbourne (for all of 2 months!) and am currently constructing the bones of my own firm before I launch on 1 September.

I’m sure you all know this but I’m finding the amount of leg work required to get even a simple venture off the ground from scratch to be simply immense. It seems I must now become an expert in everything and so far this place has been a gold mine of information. I’m looking forward to contributing where I can.

I’ve reached a milestone today and secured some office space in the city. Has anyone heard of The Cluster? It’s a co-working space for entrepreneurs (or that’s how they market it) and runs alot cheaper than a full serviced office as you are only renting a permanent desk rather than a full floor space. They still seem to offer all the usual amenities however and I really don’t want to start off in a dull quiet office on my own! Any personal experiences / opinions people are willing to share would be great.

Cheers
    Aaron

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    apj, post: 127434 wrote:
    Hi guys,

I’m sure you all know this but I’m finding the amount of leg work required to get even a simple venture off the ground from scratch to be simply immense. It seems I must now become an expert in everything and so far this place has been a gold mine of information. I’m looking forward to contributing where I can.

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the forum.
    Luckily the workload in the beginning is compensated by the thrill of a new venture.

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and thanks for your kind comments about the site :)

I’m not familiar with The Cluster as I’m in Sydney, but I do work one day a week in a hotdesking space up here, and I love it. I hope you enjoy the experience as much as I do.

I’m looking forward to getting to know you here on the forum.

Good luck for your new business,
    Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.