• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    philleric
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

G’day,

I stumbled across this site and thought, what a fantastic resource!.. so i signed up.

My wife and I operate a small computer company in regional Victoria employing 8 staff. The business has been operational for 3 years and we are enjoying some nice growth, thanks to our hard working staff.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers!
    PhillEric

Chromatix
    Participant
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

Welcome to the site PhillEric! Hope the chats and forum are beneficial

Look forward to hearing future posts!

Cheers
    Irwin

tinam
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Wecome to FS :)

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hi Philleric

Welcome! There’s a whole bunch of great folks here – check back daily for what’s been going on!

So what does your company provide?

Cheers
    Brad

PS – Don’t forget to set up the signature for your posts! Go to Control Panel – select Edit Signature! :)

philleric
    Up

It’s nice to meet you all. I must say that I’m very impressed at how friendly and supportive everyone is here. This is def one of the more supportive environments I have ever come across!

We provide 24/7 onsite computer support for home users and small business. It’s amazing how many people need support after 10pm! – thanks to the internet. It’s not a new concept, but it’s a concept that is working well for us. We are located in Gippsland Victoria (approx 2hrs east of Melb) but we also do some contract work in Melbourne. Luckily, we are enjoying the challenges of growth at the moment. It hasn’t always been rosy and that’s why I can relate to the experiences and resources posted on this site.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome..

.. And I will get on to my signature now ;)

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Hi PhillEric! I’m a newbie too but yes, it’s a great place to hang out to exchange ideas, gain support and see how other people do things.

Do you have a website? Looking forward to seeing your signature updated so I can check it out.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi philleric,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

If you’re going to say lovely things like this, you’re more than welcome to stick around! ;-)

philleric, post: 25655 wrote:
    It’s nice to meet you all. I must say that I’m very impressed at how friendly and supportive everyone is here. This is def one of the more supportive environments I have ever come across!

You’re right though – we reckon we’ve got the friendliest, most generous community members in the country. Thanks for the kind words, and we hope you enjoy hanging out here.

All the best,
    Jayne

Chromatix
    Participant
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

Hi PhillEric

IT support after 10pm’s a winner for any business really! I know as a web design and development business that our clients call us at strange times, latest support was 2am!

Perhaps we can even help each other out, I know some of our clients think we work on hardware but usually we just decline those jobs. Funny how web development and repair get mixed up. Throw over your web address. You can check us out at http://www.chromatix.com.au

Hear from you soon PhillEric

Cheers
    Irwin

Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up

My wife and I operate a small computer company in regional Victoria employing 8 staff. The business has been operational for 3 years and we are enjoying some nice growth, thanks to our hard working staff.

Hi PhillEric

With business growth like the figures mentioned above you are sure to have some great advice for others hear!

Support after 10pm you say…………………….you’re not thinking of moving to the Central Coast of NSW anytime soon are you :)

philleric
    Up

Good Evening All,

Sorry for the late reply! I hope I haven’t given you the wrong impression, we really are a small company (compared to others in the same industry) but we have very high ambitions ;)

I would be more than happy to share our ups and downs and ups and downs and uuppps… The journey so far has been hugely rewarding for me and every experience (whether up or down) has been turned into positive learning experience for us.

Our web address is http://www.24geek.com.au – the name sums up what we do, and yes, we do – 24hours a day. Although, after 10pm is by pre-booking or emergency only.

I’d encourage anyone to drop me a line, anytime. I’d love to hear and learn about you. Not sure if i can drop my email here.. Irwin.. I will send you an email!

Cheers!
    PhillEric

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

Hi PhillEric,
    you seem to feel very welcome by now but another can’t hurt so.. welcome!

At 8 employees you’re probably in the bigger half of businesses on the forum. You’d be amazed at how many micro businesses there are here (and I don’t think its for having too much time on their hands) but this forum really is an amazing source of both knowledge and connections.

See you round!

Cheers,
    Michael

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.