Home Forums Selling online Grubloop – small batch marketplace – looking for beta testers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mihira
    • Total posts: 7

Hi all,

My name is Mihira and I am founder and designer of grubloop.com – a platform for small batch food production which has just started beta testing.

I am currently looking for beta testers to let us know whether the tools available on Grubloop are truly useful and what could be better.

If you are looking to start a food business Grubloop is designed to help you plan your time and gives you the tools to get compliant with regulations.

If anyone here wants to give it a go please visit the website and it should be straight forward. If you have any questions i’m always available for questions and contactable directly through the website or through this thread.

Kind regards,
    Mihira
    grubloop.com

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,523

Hi Mihira,

Great to have you here. I think people may be keen to test it out if they can see a benefit, but I thought I’d mention that at first look I’m not sure what the platform offers exactly.

Best of luck, and hopefully you’ll get some testers or more feedback :)
    Dave

Mihira

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for the question and the feedback on the website.

The platform offers a step-by-step approach with tools to getting from having a recipe to pricing it, packaging it, working out a production capacity and listing it for sale on the marketplace. Having these tools in one place really help with motivation when getting started, especially when you don’t have the time or the professional knowledge to find out how to start your entrepreneurial journey.

After the initial setup, the benefit to Makers whether they are just starting out or already in business is that the marketplace is geared to shift the relationship between the buyer and the Maker to give the Maker a bit more control of their time. It’s basically a marketplace for any type of food that is made in batches and the Maker can set a schedule and can take orders for batches over the course of up to a month. As they become more popular they can adjust that to fit more batches into their schedule.

I encourage anyone who has kitchen down-time in their restaurant or cafe to think about what other types of food they could be making during that time. Overhead costs are high and it makes sense to make use of that kitchen space.

And for everyone else, hopefully happier Maker’s and less cash-strapped restaurants in our food system means better quality food for everyone.

Sorry for the long winded answer. Perhaps over time with more questions from people like yourself i’ll learn to make it succinct.

all the best!

Mihira

grubloop.com

BusinessTrade
    • Total posts: 210

Awesome business idea. Do you have food manufacturers already waiting for more business and/or are you trying to get customers to buy the idea and develop proof of concept?

Mihira

Thanks for the kind words:). There are currently no live storefronts, but there are examples setup by myself.

The site has only been live for a couple of days. It was built to solve a problem that a friend and I experienced first hand.

I am currently trying to get it in front of people who might benefit but I do have a few aspiring food entrepreneur friends in the early stages of getting setup on the platform so that we can do exactly what you’re talking about and create a proof of concept.

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,523

Hi again [USER=115721]@Mihira[/USER],
    Do you help people who want top start a food business to work out the steps for getting their product to customers? Including costing, packaging, certification, timelines, selling online, and finding someone to make their recipe?

Getting close?
    Dave

Mihira

Hi

Dave – FS Concierge, post: 267082, member: 49676 wrote:
    Hi again [USER=115721]@Mihira[/USER],
    Do you help people who want top start a food business to work out the steps for getting their product to customers? Including costing, packaging, certification, timelines, selling online, and finding someone to make their recipe?

Getting close?
    Dave
    Hi [USER=49676]@Dave – FS Concierge[/USER] ,

You pretty much hit it on the head. All you mentioned, apart from finding someone to make their recipe. We hope they love the process enough to do that part. But perhaps in the future we could foster some collaboration by helping people find each other and work together.

There are a bunch of dashboards on there to help with the making process though.

BusinessTrade
    • Total posts: 210
    Mihira, post: 267083, member: 115721 wrote:
    Hi

Hi [USER=49676]@Dave – FS Concierge[/USER] ,

You pretty much hit it on the head. All you mentioned, apart from finding someone to make their recipe. We hope they love the process enough to do that part. But perhaps in the future we could foster some collaboration by helping people find each other and work together.

There are a bunch of dashboards on there to help with the making process though.

Interesting. Hopefully it works out well and best of luck to you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.