Home – New Forums Money matters GST registered but no business activity during financial year..?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tndfloor
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

Hi guys, just have quick questions,

I have 2 abn,[sole trader and family partnership]

family partnership abn is pretty new, applied 2 months ago and no business activity was conducted under this abn.

I was going to change the business type[sole trader to family partnership] but i want to stay as sole trader few more months.

in this case, should i still lodge the BAS for family partnership??

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If you are registered for GST you must submit a BAS, even if it’s a “nil” return.

Wendy :)

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

If you are registered for GST in both entities, you need to lodge a BAS for both. If no activity in one, then a NIL BAS needs to be lodged by the due date provided on the pink sheet (if DIY-ing).

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

Can i ask did you form the family partnership yourself or with the assistance of an Accountant? I don’t like family partnerships and if you are moving “up” from a sole trader i would encourage you to review your decision seeing as you have not made the move over to the partnership.

Obviously i do not know anything about your personal or tax situation but i see very little place for partnerships in the modern business environment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.