• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chrissi
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

I have come across a few GST Tax codes that I’m not very familiar with and I need to enter them in to MYOB,

CAF – Capital Asset GST Free – 0%

NTD – Non-tax Deductable – 0%

NIF – Negative income GST Free – 0%

I need to know the tax type, and linked accounts that go with each can anyone help me PLEASE!!!

I have attached an image of a GST Tax code that has already been set up so you know what I mean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

My understanding with the CAF one is that you bought a capital asset that has no GST. So as the rate is 0% do you need to add linked accounts…as there is no value to link anyway ?

NTD – Non tax deductible would be for things like fines I am assuming. You can’t claim the GST on those expenses and these non deductible items need to be accounted for when doing your tax reconciliation at year end.

NIF – is for expense items that are recorded directly against income. AGain, as the rate is 0% do you require a linked account. Generally, I don’t recommend recording expenses directly against income, so if you don’t need to use this code, then don’t set it up.

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Stacey

BYBB
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Chrissi

Tax code’s in MYOB will only be the default tax codes, you can change them, but would advise against this – see support note from MYOB and also setup of GST – when setting up your GST codes – you always need to link it to your GST paid and GST collected regardless if 0% so you are correct. not sure why you would want to use NIF? Generally if you use the main ones that MYOB have as default you cant go wrong – I’ve seen many attempts at too many GST coding in accounting software and it becomes one big mess.

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9265

hope this makes sense – get it right first time otherwise a bit of a nightmare to fix up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.