Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hailing from New Zealand.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Perception
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I hope I’m not too out of place here being from outside of Australia currently

I am a guy in my Late 20s (going on 30) from New Zealand. I have been in paid employment in software QA / validation for the past 7 years and am sitting on some available capital which I have been looking (and wishing) to deploy for quite some years now.

I’m currently investigating the feasibility of both investing in to (Up to a max 100k AUD per venture, realistically looking 10-50k range initially then injecting more as the business grows) and working with small start ups in Australia. I am currently looking at small business and start ups centred around the Technology industry (loosely speaking).
    I will state that things are only tentative at this stage and it’s still very early days while I continue investigations.

Thanks and all the best.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Perception,

Thanks for coming to say g’day… what a nice position to be in =)

Hope you enjoy hanging out here, and that you make some great contacts.

All the best,
    Jayne

rentacampervan
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Perception,

Hope you enjoy hanging out here, and that you make some great contacts. I m also from New Zealand !

All the best,
    Jonas

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Welcome Perception,

Nothing wrong with being from NZ!

Good place to be here, to check out what is happening.

I’m not sure though where you would find venture capital opportunities. There are heaps of business sales website, maybe they have such a section.

Good luck with it all.

Perception
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi all

Thanks for everyone’s warm welcome (including those that have PM’d me) :-)
    Nice to know that there are a few fellow Kiwis on board!!

As I’ve mentioned, it is still early days yet, but to elaborate further, I am considering a number of possible very broad and general routes to take (taking account of my current situation, having mostly been confined to paid employment)…

1. Look at Partnering up with a start up who perhaps has a suitable Tech idea but is in need of capital to get started. From here, I can possibly come in to contribute testing resources or other resources where deemed fit.
    2. The next scenario is to possibly participate in a non-tech start up where I can provide basic Technical expertise to both set up and manage the required IT infrastructure of their business.
    3. The 3rd Option is to simply be a “silent partner” (or Silent Investor) which I’m somewhat now shying away from. Most entrepreneurs I understand, apart from funding, want someone who is active within their business (additionally, current security laws at least in New Zealand make it difficult for silent investor arrangements to happen. Re: being an accredited / qualifying investor, etc).
    4. The other option would be to genuinely go solo with my own idea, but will confess that I’m quite stuck for ideas at present, hence my core idea of partnering up with someone who has a business idea, but who is in need of capital. Even if I do managed to find an idea of my own to latch on to where I can “grab the the stick and run with it”, I wouldn’t mind having a partner on board whom I can bounce ideas off.

All of these ideas are subjected to change of course as I learn more about the market. This is just to expand on my thoughts from my first post and give a better picture of where my current path of discovery is heading at the moment.

Once again, thanks everyone and all the best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.