Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Harassment and bullying by customers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lost spirit
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I am looking for advice in regards to dealing with harassment and bullying by customers. I am being harassed on a personal level, in a very underhanded way. I feel upset because I know it is because I have been kind that I have opened myself up to this treatment. Why is it that being generous gets you no where? Only harassed.

I have done everything I can to draw boundaries and ignore it, but this only seems to worsen the behaviour, and now I am getting nasty reactions from other customers who have never had an issue with me. The rumours are being spread thick and fast and I have no way of proving any of it, and it is draining and exhausting.

Has anyone else been bullied and harassed by customers? Where they demand things and won’t stop emailing you non-stop even with you say no and are very clear? Where they keep at you and seem determined to destroy your reputation until they get what they want? When you try to break off the relationship but they continue to harass and harass you? I have tried to establish boundaries but no matter what I do these people seem determined to harass, they are never happy, and when I try to cut the relationship they won’t stop.

I feel sick, drained, exhausted and need some guidance on how to stop it. Please don’t say ignore it, it doesn’t work, it makes them worse. They keep going and going. Just wondering if there is anyone out there I might be able to talk to about this.

I searched about harassment and protection for business owners but there is basically nothing out there. It all protects the consumer.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

Sounds like a tough and complex situation. I hope there’s some business owners around who can pass on the benefit of their own experiences.

My only thoughts are that I would work on not being dependent on business from these customers, then you can choose not to have them as customers.

Good luck! And welcome to Flying Solo. :)

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.