Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Has anyone had experience selling to Officeworks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RifRaf
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi guys, I would appreciate your input.

I’ve been considering approaching Officeworks with our product.
    Has anyone here sold to them before? What sort of conditions of supply do they insist on? Margins they ask for?

Any info would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Raf

gearing
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hello RifRaf,

Although Officeworks is not my client but I would like to share a little bit of knowledge in margin. Usually margin range between 20% to 50% depends on type of goods. Usually high value products such as mobile phone, computer etc would have a lower end margin. Lower value products such as pencils, cardboard etc would have a higher margin. This can be perceived from discount percentage during promotion (not clearance). You would normally get around 20% for laptop and close to 50% for a stool.

RifRaf
    Up

Thanks gearing,
    I imagined that I would have to give them a margin somewhere in the 50-60% region, so what you’ve said confirms my thoughts there.

Y LearnMarketing
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Hi RifRaf,

I only had experience with selling to book stores in Australia. They usually ask for a margin of no less than 30%. Not sure about office work though.

RifRaf
    Up
    Y Marketing, post: 193185 wrote:
    Hi RifRaf,

I only had experience with selling to book stores in Australia. They usually ask for a margin of no less than 30%. Not sure about office work though.

Thanks Y Marketing,

It seems that through the research I’ve done, as an unproven brand, I’d be expected to provide a minimum of 50% margin, more likely 60%. This is understandable as they may chose to discount stock to move quicker etc, and my market penetration is as yet minimal, so people would be buying the product because of its function rather than brand aspirations or recognition.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.