Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Has anyone tried truelocal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    MylesWearring
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hey Jamie, sorry to hear you were unhappy with TrueLocal. We appreciate your comments and value your feedback as we’re always trying to improve our business and genuinely want to give customers the best experience possible.

Myles Wearring, editor, http://www.TrueLocal.com.au

safemode
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

not worth any price for upgrade, just use free listing

I’ve used True Local before for an upgraded listing which I don’t think it generated many leads. However it’s definitely beneficial for Google search and Google local business listings. I’d suggest using a free listing to improve Google searches for your business. Good luck

mtpocket
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

I have received some leads from true local.
    I have like 10 feedbacks as well , because true local is linked with serviceseeking.
    So I think when someone is requesting a quote for a job , that’s just automatically goes to service seeking. -which I am a member of. So when I request a feedback from the customer after a successful job the feedback lands there as a review . Which I must admit helps my business.

JayTurn
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Unfortunately TrueLocal will provide you with very little traffic. In regards to link benefits, anyone would be much better off spending money on Yahoo!’s directory listing for $299 USD per annum.

For local listings, Google Local/Spaces or whatever they decide to call themselves next week are a far superior method of attracting local visitors.

However to rank well on Google Spaces, you have to optimize your actual website for it’s locality. Google doesn’t simply look at the description you write for your business or where you say it is located. It check’s out your website and identifies the quality you provide to search engine visitors looking for a business like yours near your location.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

no results from free listings, but look at webwombat -excellent!

Selene
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

I tried True Local and paid for an initial for 6 months and received 1 call – got the job but it is only just starting to recoup the advertising cost.

I do still have a free listing but have not received any further calls. I like to have an online pressence and try and utilise as many free listings as possible.

This year I have a very small ad in the Local Yellow pages and have so far received two calls, one which will amount to quite a decent amount of work.

AnaLucia
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

I paid for a premium lisiting with them for 6 months! not worth it, it drove something like 3 hits into my website, and probably they came through their staff while they where uploading the list.
    They gave me a 1300 free number for clients to call me, which was very cool to have, however …. I cancel my contract with them.
    Better for you to look into different options :(

Felicity_Sapphire
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

I currently have a priority listing with TrueLocal. It puts my business 2nd on the list in my area.

I have had it since February when I started and have actually had quite a few leads from it, most of which I have been successful in getting the job. I have also had over 15 hits on my website from it. I expect that it will pick up more in July/August given it’ll be tax season then.

I’m not sure that it’s the best value advertising that I could be doing, but at the moment it seems to be working for me. They did contact me yesterday about upgrading to their “top of list” spot, but I can’t justify the extra cost.

Samith
    • Total posts: 187
    Up

Advertising is advertising so if you have a free listing on true local, obvious answer would be to keep it:) and say no to those annoying phone calls to upgrade your listing.

If you already have upgraded and have a priority or premium listing, think of switching to Google Adwords:) spend that $80 or $200 on adwords (to minimize cost use something like “Call us now 0411 111 111” on the ad to make them pick up the phone instead of clicking your ad) outcome would be much better.

Best Regards,
    Samith.

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up
    King, post: 37034 wrote:
    no results from free listings, but look at webwombat -excellent!

This is a bit off topic, but I’m VERY wary of webwombat.

Their whole interface and particularly their billing system is very outdated, hasn’t been updated for years.

18 months ago I paid for a featured listing on there, didn’t result in much website traffic. I did then decide to renew anyway as part of my inbound link buliding for that particular business. But – the site disappeared from their listings (despite being paid), and despite a couple of contacts to them I have got nowhere and have basically done my $55 or whatever it was. Can’t be bothered with fighting them, will just not renew again. At least their renewals are not automated (I don’t think!)

(Just to Clarify, this listing was not for my business listed on here, but another business with full web presence)

Matt
    Marketing Web

ScottD
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

i think the success of a truelocal listing depends also on how good a profile you put there.

I recently setup a free profile and received 1 good lead from that. Good enough for free.

MarketingHQ
    • Total posts: 142
    Up

I too added my business as a free listing and received the call to upgrade it for six months. I posed the salesperson some fairly specific questions around number of searches per month for some specific keywords to test him out. I figured any decent media salesperson should be able to provide this data to support the sale. Not surprised that I didn’t receive a response nor a follow up call from him.

I suggest anyone looking at it try the same to see if they can back up the sales pitch with some hard facts so you can determine a ROI.

Firefly Research
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

I advertised with them for the last couple of months but nothing so far. I only used the free posting though so I can’t say I’m real surprised!

Let me know how you go!

Amy
    Firefly Research
    ‘Lighting the way in market research’
    http://www.fireflyresearch.com.au

Steven Hudson
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Use it as a good and free back link to your website to help in your Google rankings…..if you nail a couple of sales even better

Cheers

Steven

lutrov
    Participant
    • Total posts: 134
    Up
    BrightBiz, post: 11849 wrote:
    if I search for a business type in my area, all of the businesses that “service all of Australia” come up first. To me as a small business, I don’t want to have to battle against all areas businesses for local customers to find me, nor do I want local customers to have to scroll past all of those all areas businesses to get to my listing
    That’s an excellent point.

I just tried a search for “Website Developers & Hosting” in “Elsternwick, VIC” and “One Tree Hill” came up 7th, instead of 1st.

I deliberately chose the only business in that location, so I would certainly expect to have it come up at the top.

I can see that the reviews don’t play a part, so what’s the reason my specified location is not taken into account?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.