Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Has anyone used live chat on your website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Beany
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

There are a few live chat programs where you can talk directly/live to your website users as they browse your site.

I would be interested in hearing anyones experiences with these?

Whether it worked well both technically and from a marketing / sales point of view, which one and of course if you still use it or not?

Thanks!

Greg

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Beany,

Make sure you give other members the right context for your question. Are you looking to start using live chat on your site? Or thinking of building something similar?

People tend to be more likely to answer when they know how they’re helping you (and the answers tend to be more useful). :)

Dave

ihatch
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    Beany, post: 208328 wrote:
    There are a few live chat programs where you can talk directly/live to your website users as they browse your site.

Whether it worked well both technically and from a marketing / sales point of view, which one and of course if you still use it or not?

Thanks!

Greg

Hi Greg,

I actually use a virtual live chat on a couple of my websites. So no need to employ someone to monitor the live chat.

It does appear as if there is a live person on the other end. And you can set up global triggers to respond to the answers given by lead/prospect.

It actually increased my conversions by 40%.

I would be happy to give you a demonstration if your interested.

Regards
    Ian.

zayzar
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

We use Zopim live chat, it’s been really good, we don’t man it all the time but it has a ‘leave message button in the bottom corner of the screen that customers use all the time, much more frequently than email.

1911naomi
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

as a “customer” i loooooooove live chat
    makes like so much easier

Lisa Crocker
    • Total posts: 221
    Up

Hi Greg,

We use Zopim on the Flying Solo website and it seems to work well (both from a technical point of view and it is an easy way to interact with people immediately – it is more efficient and much faster than email).

You can easily switch it on and off so we only turn it on when we have someone available to monitor it live.

Cheers,
    Lisa

GavinSloan
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Hi Greg,
    Live Chat is a fantastic tool for improving the user experience on your website, and capturing more leads and enquiries.
    There’s a lot of live chat software options out there – some of the more popular ones are olark, zopim, livechatinc, etc. Each has slightly different features and almost all of them offer free trials.
    The key with using live chat is to ensure you have someone online to receive chats and respond quickly. Your Google Analytics will give you some clues as to when is the best time to be online with your live chat account… I can tell you that around 40-45% of the leads we capture via live chat on behalf of our clients are received outside of normal business hours.
    If anyone is interested, my business provides a 24/7 fully managed live chat service. Our team is always online and ready to respond to your visitors enquiries and capture new leads.
    We also offer a co-managed option where your own staff can receive live chats during business hours, and our team handles chats after hours and on weekends – this ensures that you’re always online and ready to capture a new lead or enquiry.
    If you’re interested, please check out our website: http://www.livechatmonitoring.com

madis
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Greg,

Live chat is good option to have. It is convenient for customers to get instant answers. So they are more likely to take the desired action.

We have used simple WordPress plugin called Chat X. It has small one-time fee (about $30) and no monthly payments.

I recommend you to give it a try and compare the results :)

checkvault
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    Beany, post: 208328 wrote:

Thanks!

Greg

Hi Greg,

We use a program called OLark. We find that it offers a medium for our potential customers to find out about us which is less of an obligation than say a phone call or an email. Because it’s quick and easy, and users don’t have to offer any information up front, the activation starts and then it’s up to you from there to convert it into a sale. I can’t give you any stats in terms of conversions becaues most customers come, ask a question and say thank you and then the chat ends before we can collect any information. We get to see how many people are on the site and from which city.

So I’d say it’s something you can get so that you get the opportunity to speak to someone who’s interested and then convert into a sale.

WebSeed PH
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

We recommend and used Olark to our clients. In terms of usability, its good and easy to set up

AlvinLal
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

We use this little program called Zopim, and it’s great. The free version is substantial enough if you only want to interact with one client at a time. Here is a link on how we use it http://goo.gl/MX8fK6

Jake Howard
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

We use Zopim for our website, and find it really good and easy to use.

Ryinth
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

I agree with the people recommending Zopim.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.