Home – New Forums Tech talk Has the big G’s search results become more stable?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up
    ::

Dear all,
    I have noticed that over the last 8 weeks or so, Google’s search results have been more stable than in the past, with less major changes to results (fluctuations) about once a month as had been the case.
    Is this just the area I am operating in, or have others noticed less changes in their search results over time spans of weeks?
    All the best

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up
    Snakeman, post: 196521 wrote:
    Dear all,
    I have noticed that over the last 8 weeks or so, Google’s search results have been more stable than in the past, with less major changes to results (fluctuations) about once a month as had been the case.
    Is this just the area I am operating in, or have others noticed less changes in their search results over time spans of weeks?
    All the best

Not sure anybody can answer that as every industry, website, client and location is probably seeing something different. I’m seeing some of my client’s making some solid improvements to their ranks across numerous keywords which they’ve been targeting for some time.

What does that mean? not much i guess, I was expecting it those results.

Y LearnMarketing
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

It’s not the case for us. Some of the keywords, we are targeting, are performing well as always, but some of them are changing every week. One week they could be on the 1st page the other week they could drop out of #50.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Snakeman,
    Can I suggest “stability” is relative.

I have sites that have stayed rock solid in their ranking to thousands of search phrases over many years.

I have also assessed other sites that have seen dramatic fluctuations.

Google is still changing its algorithm daily. I suspect what you are seeing is the impact or lack of it in your specific search market.

Over the last 2 years…

• Websites that jumped onto the cheap link building bandwagon have seen big downturns in referrals.
    • Websites with near duplicate and thin content have seen big changes.

Google has been fine tuning recently to hit/remedy certain types of targets.

• Content aggregators were hurt badly in May/June.
    • Ranking remedial action was given to directory sites at the same time.

If your competitors were into link building schemes 2 years ago, it is likely that G has largely removed these spam link ranking attributes and now it is likely you have a much more even ranking position over the last 6 months.

This link building scam war happens every 2-3 years with G. Nothing unusual except for the link building scammers who disappear from the surface of G’s earth every time.
    Regs,
    JohnW

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Things are bouncing around all over the place lately.

http://algoroo.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.