Home – New Forums Tech talk Has this app been created?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Up
    ::

Can anyone tell me if this particular app has been created – if it hasn’t some bright spark should get onto it right away.

It’s for a delayed phone switch-on.

Situation: say someone who works shifts and is on standby – in their contract it states that they will be called to work from about 5 am onwards if they are needed that day. Trouble is the organisation doing the calling sometimes gets ahead of itself just for its own convenience and calls at 4 am.

Does an app exist which automatically turns a phone on at a set time (in this case it would be 5 am) so that the shift worker can get his allotted sleep time with his phone switched off?

Joes
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    JaneB, post: 74806 wrote:
    Can anyone tell me if this particular app has been created – if it hasn’t some bright spark should get onto it right away.

It’s for a delayed phone switch-on.

Situation: say someone who works shifts and is on standby – in their contract it states that they will be called to work from about 5 am onwards if they are needed that day. Trouble is the organisation doing the calling sometimes gets ahead of itself just for its own convenience and calls at 4 am.

Does an app exist which automatically turns a phone on at a set time (in this case it would be 5 am) so that the shift worker can get his allotted sleep time with his phone switched off?

There are apps that turn on and/or off silent mode at a set time

JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Up

Thanks – I’ll search for it.

HammockFG
    • Total posts: 136
    Up

I know my blackberry used to do this. I had it turn off automatically at a certain time and come back on at a certain time on different days. Mainly for battery life issues tho. It was just a standard software thing. Perhaps most phones already have this? I haven’t checked my latest phone…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.